Senior Finance Analyst
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Our finance business partnering teams here at abcam play a vital role in advising the different functions on financial performance. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst to join the Sales, Service and Marketing finance team to support with the following:
Routine Performance Management:
- Month end process to monitor and understand departmental spend vs budget, and calculation of necessary adjustments for accounts team to process
- Preparation of monthly opex reporting for Commercial areas of the business, including spend reporting, preparation of commentary on spend incurred, and monthly headcount
- Monthly reviews with cost centre owners to support understanding of OPEX and return on investments
- Working with BD & AR teams to support and account for the Royalties & Licensing business
- Develop and administer the Rebate process across the Sales teams with support from FBP and Head of Sales, Service & Marketing
- Adapt monthly reporting in line with changing needs of the business
- Support preparation of Monthly Commercial reviews with targeted regional revenue, opex and profit analysis
- Support regular Opex reviews with key stakeholders; assist in the monthly management of costs to budget as well as rolling view of future spend to identify risks and opportunities
- Support strong headcount management with the HR team
- Support & assist review of global sales commission scheme & associated monthly accounting working in conjunction with the Reward Team
- Routine & Adhoc Revenue Analytics to investigate performance and identify trends
Budgeting & Forecasting:
- Support annual budget and regular forecasting process for Commercial teams
- Preparation of necessary templates and collation of data
- Support in understanding budgetary requirements vs prior year spend
- Produce necessary information to allow informed discussions with stakeholders
- Support regular forward-looking discussions with budget holders
Adhoc Business Requirements:
- Support the engagement with Commercial teams across the Business to understand their areas
- Analysis and dashboard preparation in business tool Tableau
- Support preparation of business case modelling for Commercial teams where necessary
- Support adhoc analysis for the Commercial team
You will be qualified or part qualified (and keen to complete that qualification) as ACCA, CIMA or ACA and have experience in a similar analytical role in an industry environment.
You will have the ability to interact with individuals across the business in order to gain a more in depth understanding of areas inside and outside of finance.
You will also have the ability to solve cross functional / global problems and improve processes by working with other functions and understand interdependencies.
You will also have the ability to independently conduct analysis into variances or business issues, ensure understanding of the problem and draw strong conclusions and recommendations.
You have experience extracting and manipulating data from a variety of systems and are comfortable with Microsoft 365, especially Excel. If you are looking for your next step in finance and this sounds like you, apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.