Digital Product Manager
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward
As a Digital Product Manager at Abcam, you will play a pivotal role in transforming processes and technologies in our HR domain as well as business partnering with our Workplace and Indirect procurement team supporting their Digital journey. You will be responsible for leading the enhancements and management of HR products and solutions that empower our organization to attract, retain and develop top talent.
- Product Strategy: Support in developing and executing a comprehensive product strategy for HR solutions, aligning them with the overall business goals and objectives.
- Maintain Products: Lead the end-to-end product lifecycle, from conceptualization to delivery, working closely with vendors/development and support teams.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with HR leaders, Digital teams, and other business stakeholders to gather requirements, prioritize features, and ensure alignment with user needs.
- Product Roadmap: Create and maintain a clear and achievable product roadmap, regularly communicating progress and updates to relevant stakeholders. Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Abcam Digital as well as in other parts of Abcam.
- Compliance: Ensure HR products comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including data privacy and security.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with external vendors and partners as needed to support product development and delivery.
About you - Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
- Understanding of the product lifecycle
- Practical experience of product management tools and techniques, from roadmap, backlog and release planning to prioritisation tools and techniques.
- General understanding of the HR Domain
- Understanding of the Digital Products within the remit of the Domain
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of seniority
- Able to work both in a team (as member and/or leader) and independently, to deliver results
- Good attention to detail and an ability to analyse and use data in decision making.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- Experience identifying, diagnosing and resolving issues independently; will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications
A Degree in a Digital background would be beneficial but not essential, we are keen to see solid skills and experience alongside a passion for technology/products and an enthusiasm to learn.