Mid-Level Java Engineer - Travel & Lifestyle Services
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
We equip front-line agents with high-tech tools to enable the delivery of the exemplary service that American Express is renowned for and bring membership to life for our Cardmembers every day. Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) Opus is a Global Customer Relationship Management platform which enables our Travel reps to service card members. We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to build upon our history of innovation and delivery as we expand our team and continue to forge a digital-first TLS.
You will be working with your own scrum team and across those who work on our product to deliver high-quality features to your servicing colleagues. We pride ourselves on having a close, collaborative relationship with both our product team and users and can offer varied opportunities from feature and system design to UX and design, over our tech stack of React, NodeJS and Java.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Produce high quality code to develop new features and resolve bugs
- Write meaningful and extensive tests to demonstrate that our code meets our users’ requirements
- Ensure that the application is flexible and performant to scale up to large user bases across multiple languages
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of an agile team to help the team achieve its goals
- Critically review code as part of our pull request process
- Deploy applications to test and production environments using CICD tools (i.e., Jenkins)
- Contribute creatively to the solutioning of new work and be comfortable challenging the decisions and architecture of the application
- Professional software development experience and/or comparable experience
- University degree in a related field (i.e., computer science or computer engineering) and / or equivalent industry background
- Experience working as part of an agile engineering team and contributing to regular agile ceremonies
- Experience working with Java, Spring boot, Node
- Hands on experience in API development will be beneficial
- An understanding of cloud + CI / CD technologies, and how to get code into production quickly and reliably
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com