Mid-Level Java Engineer - Travel & Lifestyle Services
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
We equip front-line agents with high-tech tools to enable the delivery of the exemplary service that American Express is renowned for and bring membership to life for our Cardmembers every day. Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) Opus is a Global Customer Relationship Management platform which enables our Travel reps to service card members. We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to build upon our history of innovation and delivery as we expand our team and continue to forge a digital-first TLS.
You will be working with your own scrum team and across those who work on our product to deliver high-quality features to your servicing colleagues. We pride ourselves on having a close, collaborative relationship with both our product team and users and can offer varied opportunities from feature and system design to UX and design, over our tech stack of React, NodeJS and Java.
- Produce high quality code to develop new features and resolve bugs
- Write meaningful and extensive tests to demonstrate that our code meets our users’ requirements
- Ensure that the application is flexible and performant to scale up to large user bases across multiple languages
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of an agile team to help the team achieve its goals
- Critically review code as part of our pull request process
- Deploy applications to test and production environments using CICD tools (i.e., Jenkins)
- Contribute creatively to the solutioning of new work and be comfortable challenging the decisions and architecture of the application
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Professional software development experience and/or comparable experience
- University degree in a related field (i.e., computer science or computer engineering) and / or equivalent industry background
- Experience working as part of an agile engineering team and contributing to regular agile ceremonies
- Experience working with Java, Spring boot, Node
- Hands on experience in API development will be beneficial
- An understanding of cloud + CI / CD technologies, and how to get code into production quickly and reliably
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com