Analyst, Network Technical Operations
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected
Network & Acquirer Solution team (NAS) is part of American Express Global Network Operations. The team is primarily responsible for customer setups on American Express internal systems, establishing connectivity between customers and the American Express network, certification (host authorizations, submissions, product, terminal, etc.). Our main customers are merchants, processors, network issuers and acquirers. The mission of NAS is to ensure our business partners can successfully transact with the American Express Network according to American Express specifications, rules, and regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for leading multiple types of certification projects to ensure customers can successfully connect to and complete specification compliant transactions on the American Express Network. The successful candidates will be responsible for building strong relationships with existing and new to American Express partners, which requires excellent communication skills and professionalism. Demonstrate effective project management to complete a multitude of tasks including, but not exclusive; connectivity, key management, certification of authorizations/submissions messages and products, these all against demanding timelines. Owning and facilitating solutions as well as consultancy on certification challenges. Accountable for managing internal teams to support our partner’s needs. Ability to manage our service vendor contracts and compliance documents to run alongside certification obligations. Critical to success will be to ensure we pro-actively provide our internal stakeholders a full update on project status, efficiently manage delays and demonstrate maturity when managing escalations.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders and collaborate with various business units
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate familiarity with the Agile framework
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate technical details to non-technical business partners
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage escalations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage the completion of tasks
- Knowledge of the payments industry and emerging technology preferred
- Knowledge of American Express connectivity, authorizations and/or submissions processing a plus
- Strong will to win and able to work as part of a team
- Strong work ethic with a fun and positive attitude
- Familiarity with authorization, financial, and non-financial message file formats desired
- Familiarity with the American Express payment platforms and processes a plus
- MIS and reporting data skillset strongly desirable and will be a plus
- PMO skillset desirable and will be a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.