Manager/Senior Manager – Open Banking Strategy
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Enterprise Data Governance & Platforms (EDGP) is part of the larger Enterprise Digital and Data Solutions (EDDS) organization. EDGP improves the customer experience and drives business growth through robust enterprise-wide data policies and governance and enabling a data-driven culture, while developing digital and data platforms that provide insightful customer relationships and allow users to leverage enterprise-wide data capabilities.
- Develop and drive Open Banking strategy for American Express aligning it to customer value, product, and business goals
- Identify and effectively analyze new opportunities for American Express, making recommendations to relevant decision makers and cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead strategic and complex negotiations with Open Banking partnerships to completion, engaging cross-functional teams and ensuring alignment across teams on deal terms
- Manage the relationship with regional or global stakeholders including defining the overall strategy and influencing outcomes relating to Open Banking
- Work in complex, cross functional teams with strong influence, communication, and ability to incorporate the contributions, objectives and constraints into strategic framework, partnerships, and experience designs
- Support with end-to-end deployment of winning digital solutions in markets including prioritization internally
- Monitor external landscape, regulatory, industry and competitive environment regarding Open Banking and Open Finance developments
- Maintain a full understanding of relevant compliance and regulatory issues across Amex’s global markets for all Open Data policy initiatives
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Expertise in Open Banking, data and / or financial services
- 5+ years of experience in business development, partnerships, strategic project management, product management or similar roles at a technology company or financial services company
- Strong product instincts and ability to identify commercial opportunities. Ability to influence decisions and drive alignment across cross-functional teams
- Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative experiences and go to market models
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to independently drive complex negotiations to completion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, legal internally and externally
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org