Exec/Admin Assistant I
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant who is excited by the opportunity to become an integral part of a dynamic and fast paced business facing Colleague Experience Group (CEG) team that requires seamless collaboration and coordination across a wide range of team members, and global business and CEG leaders.
This position will be based in London and be responsible for administrative support for the Senior Vice President, Colleague Strategic Partner ICS and Colleague Market Partners, also based in London. The ideal candidate must have experience in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks, have an interest and passion in learning and contributing beyond the day-to-day administrative aspects of the role and be able to work confidently and independently. Someone with an interest in learning more about the Colleague Experience Group would be ideal.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of calendar management, managing across senior business leaders, dispersed locations and differing time zones
- Arranging meeting rooms, video and audio conferencing as well as coordinating team meetings, off-sites, activities and other events
- Handling complex travel arrangements and itineraries including air, hotel, transfers & visas
- Seamless collaboration across a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of American Express
- Preparing, reconciling, reviewing and processing of expense reports in line with company and organization requirements using Concur Expense System
- Organizing new team members onboarding, workstation, PC’s, office supplies
- Assisting with timekeeping and payroll duties
- Leadership role in creating strong connectivity with EA’s across the broader team
- Leveraging communication tools (SLACK, WebEx) to collaborate and share best practices across teams based in multiple global locations
- In conjunction with other Executive Assistants, organize and coordinate activities associated with Town Halls, Senior Management visits, and other employee-related activities and events
- Ad hoc administrative tasks including: Updating PowerPoint documents and/or creating power point slides, updating/editing MS word documents, comfort with manipulating data and doing basic analysis
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to think end to end around assigned projects and responsibilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, work within deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and execute across multiple initiatives/tasks with timely follow-up
- Ability to operate with a high level of integrity for handling sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality
- Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve issues
- Team player who is dependable and enthusiastic
- Awareness and understanding of key company compliance policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong interpersonal, influencing, and collaborating skills
- High level of proficiency using MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as internal AXP (or related) tools and systems – Including WebEx, MS Outlook, Ariba, Concur, Payroll, One Drive, MyInfo and IT Service Catalog
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on [email protected].