Quality Engineer I
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform serves a broad set of products and solutions across the enterprise that require close collaboration with colleagues who develop new card products, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence, and servicing. We focus on powering both new product offerings as well as existing ones to build highly configurable core capabilities as it relates to account attributes, customer enrolment, offer & program set-up, qualification, tracking, redemption, fulfilment, channel & partner integrations of various Loyalty & Benefits products for our customers.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, talented Quality Engineer, to work alongside a Senior Quality Engineer, helping to drive test automation, testing related best practices and focusing on quality to achieve business goals and deliver robust customer journeys.
- Comfortable with modern test-focused development approaches (communities such as MOT are a plus)
- Comfortable/experienced with back-end micro-service automation specifically REST and asynchronous messaging services (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Comfortable with at least one programming language (ideally Java)
- Comfortable/experience within a Scrum framework working with as part of a team to deliver business functions and customer journeys that are tested and automated throughout the CICD pipeline to production
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in professional software development, with an emphasis on automated testing.
- Proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects.
- Solid understanding of test-driven development, including unit, component, functional, system integration and regression tests.
- Knowledge of software engineering methodology (Agile, incl Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Knowledge of the following tools is desired: Cucumber or other BDD tools, Docker, Rest Assured / Resty or other REST API testing tools, Wiremock or other HTTP stubbing tools.
- Experienced in continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and continuous testing (CT), including tools such as Jenkins, Rally and/or JIRA and version control such as GIT or SVN
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org