Exec/Admin Assistant I
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
As an Executive Assistant you'll provide high-level support to 2 GCBEN Directors supporting European Customer Fulfilment Network and Fraud Operations, assisting them to manage and maximize their time, while communicating effectively.
You will join a highly engaged team supporting our Customers and Colleagues and will work closely with the wider GCBEN Managers and Team Leaders.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Manage a complex schedule of meetings for all leaders and provide all necessary administrative support when needed in meetings such as minute taking and distribution afterwards.
- Managing the day-to-day diary which includes accepting invites on your leader’s behalf, responding to requests for meetings and prioritizing the important meetings above others. Moving and changing schedules frequently and making sure you take into account different time zones.
- Maintain vendor management process, invoice submissions, vendor payments and payment tracking
- Support departmental budget tracking for colleague related activities
- Manage own e-mails and correspondence in a timely manner
- Maintain current reference file, contacts, organisation chart, etc
- Collate monthly expenses for each leader and submit
- Compile CPC statements each month making sure no ad hoc charges are on there are if so reconciling accurately.
- Maintaining email distribution lists for each team
- Ordering stationery for each team as and when requested, making sure these requests are within company policy
- Order equipment for new hires, such as monitors, headsets etc. as well as home working assessments for fully virtual workers
- Assist when needed in any team HR/colleague issues, taking notes and arranging meetings whilst being discreet and keeping the matter entirely confidential.
- Ad hoc event management including arranging on/off site/virtual meetings for visiting Senior Leaders
- Co-ordinate worldwide visits and meetings, involving multi-sector travel itineraries, liaising with offices and managing last minute changes as required
- Provide detailed itineraries of these trips, including all hotel arrangements, transfers, meetings scheduled, contact details, etc
- Arrange quarterly team Town Hall Meetings
- Support ad-hoc projects and initiatives as assigne
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work well in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation and manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
- Proven experience in providing administrative support is required
- Necessary skills include excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexibility, ability to work effectively on a team, attention to detail and timely direct follow up
- Requires a strong sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, associates and external business contacts
- Knowledge of company operating systems (e.g. Concur, Oracle, Stream) is preferrable
- Strong computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Communicator, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com