Manager - Digital Product Ops
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The Enterprise Digital Member Experiences team (EDME) brings together important global and enterprise-level digital assets including Amex Mobile App, Web (MYCA, Home Page, Navigation, Loyalty & Benefits), Push Channels (Email, SMS, Push Notifications) and User Experience Design & Research to create personalized and high-impact digital experiences for our customers. With our partners across the company, our objective is to become a more essential part of our customer's digital lives.
The EPOC team (Enterprise Personalization, Offers & Communications) is amongst the core teams within EDME, focused on integrating intelligence and value into customer channels, with the aim of improving customer satisfaction, driving revenue contribution, and unlocking efficiency. The EPOC Product Operations team is central to the success of EPOC, aimed at evolving the Product Delivery practice, ensuring a cross portfolio lens on key priorities, while continuing to deepen our engagement with partners across the Amex Enterprise.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the EPOC Product Operations team, with responsibility for program management of various cross-portfolio initiatives - leading the EPOC product team and driving collaboration with wider Enterprise colleagues to ensure successful delivery on strategic priorities. They will lead task forces across teams to help formulate solutions and create a structured approach to delivery and risk management, facilitating strong communication across participants and impacted teams and providing timely and relevant updates to leadership. This role also partners with 3-4 external Email & SMS technology vendors to enhance the capabilities supporting EPOC products and platforms - supporting requests for proposals, internal procurement processes and ongoing vendor relationship management. In addition, this individual will help to create team-wide processes and structure for gathering external insights and supporting experimentation and test and learn initiatives. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, who is able to create structure and bring teams together. The individual must be organized, culturally aware and a strong communicator who can effectively multi-task and prioritize as needs evolve.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Lead various cross-functional taskforces and provide effective program management for priority digital product operations initiatives requiring collaboration and co-ordination across the Enterprise and key EPOC partners
- Partner with stakeholders (i.e., LPM) to define, align and prioritize roadmaps with the wider EDME portfolio planning, support governance and intake processes in collaboration with key stakeholders (i.e., GCO, OE Compliance and Info Sec)
- Build strong relationships with current external Email & SMS technology partners to understand needs, opportunities and define requirements to drive portfolio goals
- Manage periodic due diligence requirements to ensure existing vendors are maintain good standing from a regulatory and compliance perspective and in support of onboarding of new vendors
- Maintain pulse on external digital product development trends to inform EPOC team and support continuous product evolution
- Co-ordinate and support creation of processes to enable cross-team experimentation and test and learn programs
- Create strategic documents and roadmaps to present updates and recommendations to leadership regarding cross-portfolio initiatives and team performance insights
- Work with product owners and technology teams to ensure features and capabilities are built in a scalable way and determine additional opportunities for scalability
- Other potential assignments and special projects to support emerging Digital Product Operations strategic initiatives and EPOC priorities
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required
- 4-6 years of experience driving initiatives across various teams including product managers / owners, technology teams, analytics, marketing, and external partners
- Experience in program management, product operations, new product development, product management or similar role is preferred. Agile experience as well as working with external vendors and strategic partnerships
- Passion for payments and innovation: Passion to drive delivery in a fast-moving and innovative environment. Enthusiasm for exceptional products and services, able to empathize with customers, and skilled at articulation of product functionality
- Industry Knowledge & Processes: Understanding of tech and product development processes - can effectively speak both tech and business languages
- Transformation spirit: Results oriented with a track record of delivery in complex and highly-matrix organizations
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change to effectively compete and differentiate in a rapidly changing environment
- Intellectual curiosity: High-intellectual curiosity, out-of-the-box, strategic risk-taking, creative & critical thinker with experience in complex problem solving and thought leadership. Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities
- Detail oriented with ability to identify key questions, make product recommendations, and assess how pieces of the puzzle interact and affect the overall project
- Excellent communication skills across distributed and global teams with ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Team player: Support digital product operations and initiatives, while proactively and continuously finding opportunities for improvement and providing insights to leadership
- Organized: Highly organized, taking initiative and accountability for getting results; Coordinate and lead internal working group meetings and ensure key stakeholders are brought along the journey
- Entrepreneurship: Ability to mobilize and lead cross-functional team collaboration to drive results in a fast paced, multi-partner environment with constant change. Demonstrated track record for driving results in complex and matrixed organizations
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org