AML Senior Manager - Financial Crime Oversight
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
In the ongoing enhancement effort of the Financial Crimes program, a new team has been established in Europe to enhance the Regulatory Governance of Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing requirements. This new team is led by a Director who will report to the Head of EMEA Consumer Compliance.
The AML Regulatory Governance mission is to provide efficient, consistent and high quality support on AML compliance strategy across all the business units in EMEA. We are looking for a motivated, proactive Senior Manager experienced in the management and oversight of AML Regulatory Projects who will be part of this new-established team.
The Senior Manager, reporting to the Regulatory Governance Director, will play a critical role in providing oversight of the regulatory AML projects, supporting the development of new identified solutions to enhance the AML Control framework while working alongside Global Compliance senior leaders. This role will support the regional stakeholders in the regulatory compliance design in an increasing number of highly-complex AML projects of critical importance, contributing regulatory expertise to ensure consistency of AML Compliance strategies in line with the recent Regulatory trends to have a regional common approach. The role will also be focused on the on-going enhancement of the AML program providing a robust oversight of the regulatory projects, facilitating the final validation of the implementation, and ensuring that deviations from the requirements or risks and delays are adequately formalized and escalated.
In this role, the Senior Manager role will have the opportunity to work across various different Compliance teams in EMEA Markets and across International, gain regular exposure to senior stakeholders across the organization, and collaborate closely with the Global Financial Crimes Organization and the AML Development teams.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Assist the AML Regional stakeholders in the ongoing AML Program uplift for the requirements harmonization across the markets, the functional design of the solutions to be implemented as well as in facilitating the final Market AML teams validation of the identified solutions
- Provide oversight on the progresses of the European Financial Crimes Transformation program, ensuring the adherence of the implemented solutions with the identified requirements, and facilitating the validation of the Market Compliance Teams
- Act as main point of contact for the Financial Crime Transformation project stakeholders ensuring a proper engagement protocol toward the Market Compliance Officers and ensuring consistency across the EMEA region
- Develop a standard approach to ensure consistency across EMEA on AML program management ensuring an ongoing consistent progress reporting to the markets compliance AML teams
- Assist Market AML responsible in the communications toward the market senior leaders on the FCT project and in drafting policies and procedures on the new implemented solutions
- Assist the Market AML teams in the evaluation of the current control framework and in the definition of potential further controls needed
- Ensure a proper tracking of the Market AML Teams feedbacks and inputs, facilitating also the harmonization across the countries involved in the Financial Crime Transformation project
- Provide appropriate communications to Compliance senior leaders on the project progresses and escalate potential issues or delays
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Experienced, credible and technical leader with 7+ years of financial services related experience
- Knowledge of AML/CFT Framework, policies and procedures
- Experience in payments industry regulatory projects is desirable and familiarity with one or more of the following areas would be helpful: payment services and payment schemes
- Deep expertise in AML risk management fundamentals
- Proven track record of successfully operating in a highly matrix environment, and specifically demonstrating success in initiatives that operate across multiple markets and jurisdictions
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Background in consultancy firms will be considered a bonus
- Strong consultation, communication, facilitation and presentations skills; demonstrated ability to understand complex challenges & linkages and articulate into plans to drive results
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner, keeping everyone involved informed of progress and issues
- Ability to lead and affect process change and improvements
- Strong analytical skills and an innovative approach to solving both practical and theoretical problems
- Intellectual curiosity, adaptability in a dynamic environment, and ability to reinvent processes and infrastructure
- Ability to build strong working relationships, operate in large cross-functional teams, and influence colleagues to drive change
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels in the organization as well as with external partners
- Fluency in English; additional language skills will be considered as a bonus
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org