Senior Analyst - Digital Product Management
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences, from payments to rewards, to servicing–that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry.
Digital Acquisition is one of Global Consumer Services Group’s key priorities. Core to delivering on this priority are Card application experiences which help prospects and existing customers apply for our products with the least amount of effort, wherever and however they choose to apply. The Enterprise Digital Application Experiences team is a core part of Card Member acquisition, having responsibility for growing new accounts acquired, billed business acquired, and accounts receivable by accelerating the completed applications experiences for our global prospect and customer base.
We are looking for a talented Product Owner to join the International Application Experience Team. You will have the opportunity to learn new things and see how you can make a direct contribution to the success of our company. You will work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. You will have a real passion for using technology to build user-centric solutions to challenging problems, for bold decision-making and for digital innovation. You will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
The Product Owner will support the Product Manager in building site strategy, roadmap creation and delivery against that roadmap. The day-to-day involves input and collaboration across UX (user experience) and design, feature/epic identification, backlog prioritisation, translation of features into user stories for our tech team, and Agile delivery.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Drive acquisitions by assisting the Product Manager with the breakdown and tactical delivery of Features from the Product Roadmap, building and enhancing our International Consumer Application experiences across channels
- Manage new initiatives from requirements gathering to execution and pre and post launch testing
- Build a strong partnership with our technology team to enhance our suite of products
- Work with the Product Manager and our stakeholders to support the application strategy and help deliver business priorities
- Discover opportunities for Test & Learn to optimise the experience
- Manage items in the product backlog, write user stories, manage requirements and define clear acceptance criteria for product features
- Monitoring digital trends and technologies in the marketplace
- Review results, and track key metrics to understand the product outcomes and future opportunities
What we value:
- Desire to be a great product manager; a passion for digital product management and the drive to continuously improve
- Analytical mindset; help direct our development efforts by using available data and competitive analysis
- Team player mentality; bring teams and partners together to coordinate and align on initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in digital marketing, product management, or data analysis.
- Familiarity with UX principles
- Basic understanding of web product development
- Proven ability to work with and analyse large data sets, particularly web analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Experience in matrix organisations and cross-functional environments
- Experience managing multiple stakeholder objectives
- Highly organised with a can-do attitude
- Basic Knowledge of Agile processes and principles: backlog refinement, sprint planning, writing user stories, sprint demos
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org