Credit Specialist - Credit Review Team
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back!
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our business working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Go above and beyond at a company that sets the standard of customer- first service.
Every one of our Credit Specialists represent the American Express brand. They take work seriously because they are more than just a voice on the phone, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders. The people you will work with, and the Card Members you will care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
American Express is a global service company, providing Card Members with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our Credit department aims to strike the right balance between enabling spend and taking actions to recover balances, prevent fraud and limit exposure for American Express.
In the Credit Bust Out team, you will join a group of analysts specialising in the detection of first party fraud. This means you will deal with Card Members who have obtained an American Express card with the intention never to repay the company. It will be your job to analyse accounts based on behaviour to determine whether a Card Member is genuine and has intent to pay back American Express.
How will you make an impact in this role?
You will be part of a team that delivers world class results, both for Card Members and the business. In your role you will:
- Use a variety of internal and external risk assessment tools to pre-empt potential high credit loss accounts;
- Assess the risk of false applications;
- Conduct reviews of card accounts to assess company risk by determining linkages to other accounts, previous personal history, patterns of spend and known indicators;
- Take preventative action on accounts in a timely and accurate manner by placing the appropriate blocks on cards;
- Escalate all high value, high risk accounts to the Team Leader or above for early warning purposes;
- Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both customer experience and shareholder value.
- For this role, prior experience in call centres or credit environments is necessary. More importantly, you must be:
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Assertive with an accomplished telephone manner;
- Confident taking initiative and making difficult judgement calls;
- Able to use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes;
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and positive;
- Well-presented and professional;
- Passionate about American Express and customer service.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org