Go Engineer - Global Loyalty & Benefits
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, diligent Golang Software Engineer to work on the global Loyalty and Benefits platform in American Express – 'R42'. R42 is a modern microservice-based Loyalty and Benefits platform, designed to be able to handle all aspects of the Loyalty and Benefits customer experience, globally. Built using modern tools such as Golang, Kafka and Docker, there is ample opportunity to drive innovation and grow knowledge and skills as an Engineer. As a Software Engineer on an R42 Scrum team, you will be building and enhancing features in the Account domain. You will also coordinate and work with other Engineers across the platform to share knowledge and principals.
- Demonstrable experience in at least one back-end type safe programming language (Golang Preferred but other experience can be considered)
- Comfortable/experienced with back-end micro-service architecture and communication, specifically REST and asynchronous messaging services (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Comfortable/experience within a Scrum framework working with as part of a team to deliver business functions and customer journeys that are tested and automated throughout the CICD pipeline to production
- University Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in professional software development.
- Solid understanding of test-driven development, including unit, component, functional, system integration and regression tests.
- Knowledge of software engineering methodology (Agile, incl Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Knowledge of any or all of the following technologies is desired: Kafka, Postgres, Golang, Git, gRPC, Docker, GraphQL
- Experienced in continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and continuous testing (CT), including tools such as Jenkins, Rally and/or JIRA and version control such as GIT or SV
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com