Engineer/Senior Engineer - Fullstack - Future Needs
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team. If you are a successful candidate, you will join one of our scrum teams building new capabilities to bolster our already market-leading offering.
We value ideas, opinions, and great communicators. We're proud that a culture of respect and teamwork exists among our colleagues, and we want you to be part of this.We operate in a Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework environment (SAFe), and make use of tools such as Slack, Confluence, JIRA, and GitHub to collaborate. We are mid-way though our journey of transforming and modernising the technical landscape in our teams to use microservice architecture and are looking for more highly skilled individuals. You will use technologies such as React and Node. As adeveloper, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of your software from inception to production, working on a mixture of front-end and middleware features.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Write clean and efficient code with meaningful test coverage
- Define and implement API specifications
- Consume existing APIs
- Help to lead front-end web development
- Design and implement UI solutions that focus on strong user experiences
- Contribute to our in house suite of UI tools and components
- Position yourself as a core member of the team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- In depth knowledge of React , Redux, , CSS , Node – As a plus experience in Postgres DBs and Agile
- Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns, and opinions directly to team - Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org