Senior Information Security Analyst
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express is looking for a Senior Information Security Analyst to be a technical lead in our Cyber Fusion Center. The team provides rapid investigation and response to cyber security incidents which impact American Express globally. The Senior Information Security Analyst will serve as a leader and will be responsible for handling escalated security incidents, performing investigations, and driving operational maturity. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive world-class team, this could be the role for you.
How will you make an impact in this role?:
- Provide advanced technical oversight and support to Information Security Analysts conducting cyber incident investigations
- Maintain awareness of real-world infosec threats and engage in the innovation of new analytic methods for detecting threats
- Support senior leadership in continuous development of incident response capabilities
- Coach and mentor Information Security Analysts
- Participate in rotational weekend coverage
- Substantial Information Security experience and technical understanding, including:
- Network, endpoint and OSINT security tools
- A range of cloud, Mac, Linux and Windows platforms
- Excellent business and technical risk analysis and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including in high pressure situations
- Committed to continuous learning and professional development, and passionate about developing others
Preferred Additional Experience & Skills:
- Experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Incident Response Team (CSIRT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC), or Cyber Fusion Center
- Security industry certification (CISSP, CEH, OSCP, CCNP Security, GCFE, GCFA, GNFA, GREM)
- Specialism in one or more security domains (e.g platform hardening, vulnerability management, penetration testing, applied cryptography, network/application traffic control, forensics, or exploits and malware.)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com