Technical Project Manager - Streaming
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex
As a Technical Project Manager, you will leverage technical understanding to support executional certainty for product and engineering teams. You will ensure visibility across stakeholder groups of outstanding issues, risks, and delivery status. Additionally, you will identify support, and/or actions next steps to resolve impediments to delivery and forges new capabilities based on environmental changes and needs.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Work with the streaming product manager and engineering team to drive projects for our customers
- Schedule meetings, take notes and drives results based on team goals
- May need to step into operational role for enterprise wide events
- Drive execution on defined projects or tasks in low to medium-complexity environments
- Work within and across team(s) to track risks and impediments to project delivery and escalate accordingly
- Facilitate technical conversations (e.g., relating to architectural approach and system design) and documents solutions)
- Provide and consolidate inputs for leadership updates on delivery status and key decisions needed to support project delivery
- Identify and articulate opportunities for improvements to the delivery process; assists relevant teams in redesigning process flows
- Track relevant OKR/KPIs
- Participate in PI planning meetings and other Agile ceremonies for team/team to pressure tests plans for feasibility, capacity, and risk
- Facilitate and support coordination, collaboration, and alignment between
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SDLC standards
- Facilitate and plan change management and release management activities
- Identify inter-team technical dependencies and gaps in technical management
- Follow and instill documentation best practices to ensure designs meet requirements
- Drive technical and regulatory consistency across workstreams; contributes documentation to ensure ongoing maintenance and development of technical and regulatory solutions
Scope of Impact/Influence:
- Partner with Engineering teams to facilitate alignment on the architectural approach and technical strategy to execute delivery
- Tracking delivery, and activities related to low to medium complexity initiatives by adding to design discussions, issue resolution, and removing obstacles to ensure program goals are met.
- Embrace the Technology SDLC process and role models a continuous improvement mindset
- University Degree in technical discipline or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Certifications in project management methodologies a plus
- Prior experience in program delivery or project management experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile/ SAFe /Lean methodologies a plus
- Experience with Cisco WebEx and Qumu Cloud is a plus but not required
- Independently drives work with supervision, guidance, and coaching from line manager and senior members of Engineering team
- Leverages existing approaches to solve defined problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple teams
- Presents clearly and coherently to internal stakeholders
- Technical knowledge sufficient to understand and discuss technical challenges and systems design. Ability and aptitude to learn new technical skills quickly.
- Basic understanding of major coding languages to track delivery challenges and solutioning
- Adequate documentation skills across technical and non-technical requirements
- Ability to understand organizational, product, and industry standard metrics.
- Ability to leverage metrics to diagnose problems and improve delivery
- Ability to collaborate across teams and bring different opinions to consensus
- Understanding of the full life cycle of product development, from concept to delivery, including Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Ability to manage the post-production processes, drive quality, and implement testing best practices
- Aptitude in technical problem solving and issue-resolution
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail in a deadline-driven work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging cross-functional stakeholders and business partners
- Understanding of project management process, project management software tools, templates, and management techniques
- Ability to coordinate change in a dynamic environment and influence others without direct authority
Technology Core Competencies:
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Organizational Change Management
- Technical Acumen
- Technology Industry Trends
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org