Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together. #LI-Hybrid
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous, quick thinkers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s negotiating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year’s financial plan, you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the future direction of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career. Find your place in finance on #TeamAmex
Unleash your analytical skills to define the future of how we serve our customers.
How will you make an impact in this role?
As part of the International Centre of Excellence Finance team this manager role will have opportunity to work upon various financial and planning activities associated with the International product portfolio and their business owners. The Manager ICS products will be involved in profitability analysis and strategy for International Card Services (ICS) wide initiatives to maintain best in class products that drive value to customers and shareholders. They will also be responsible for leading important broad-scale financial analyses aimed at refreshing our product value propositions in the premium card portfolio.
- Manage one direct report to deliver insightful analyses
- Become a valued finance business partner providing high quality and value-added data analytics to influence strategic business decisions in the ICS business
- Lead market, product and cardmember analyses on emerging trends and P&L dynamics highlighting risks and opportunities, and helping drive the growth of the ICS premium business
- Develop quantitative data analysis and provide recommendations to drive optimal decisions for CM benefits, rewards and engagement activities
- Evaluate and assess margin improvement opportunities in existing products
- Build relationships across ICS, GCSG finance and business teams to facilitate decisions
- Contribute to the ongoing development of data infrastructure to make financial decisioning seamless for business partners
- Strong financial and analytical skills, demonstrated ability to derive valuable insights from large amounts of financial data
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to develop solid working relationships with finance colleagues and senior business customers from diverse cultures; ability to influence without direct authority
- Demonstrated excellent strategic thought-leadership skills and creativity
- Solid understanding of P&Ls with full ownership through to implementation and tracking in plan
- Ability to create and maintain financial and economic models
- Knowledge of SQL / SAS data mining tools, strong analytical skillset and ability to use mass data and P&L to identify key messages, communicating complex ideas simply
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple stakeholders’ requests and to coordinate deliverables from multiple subject matter experts
- Highly motivated individual with desire to work on ambiguous projects and ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages
- Passionate focus on the customer; demonstrated desire to understand and solve for customer needs and difficulties while balancing P&L impacts
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com