Manager, Marketing Modernisation
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The International Card Services Centre of Excellence (ICS COE) exists to improve our Products, Marketing and Services, to enable greater efficiency and consistency on a global basis. Within the ICS COE , the International Customer Marketing team supports the transformation of Customer Marketing through delivery of differentiated value and seamless Customer experiences, whilst fostering a thriving and global community of connected marketers. Our ambition is to establish our international Cardmember base as a platform for efficient revenue growth and to build for the future, by spearheading transformational modernisation initiatives and continuing to drive innovation, digitisation and scale.
Reporting to the Vice President, International Customer Marketing, this brand-new position will oversee our multi-market modernisation initiatives in both the Consumer and SME Business segments. The successful candidate will partner with international markets and central teams across several time zones to improve campaign measurement, scalability and efficiency. The manager will also be responsible for laying the foundations for a performance driven Customer Marketing Machine.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Define the workplan for marketing modernisation, by converting aspirations into clear prioritised workstreams to drive investment efficiency, campaign automation and increased personalization
- Partner and drive alignment with key cross-functional stakeholders, of various seniority levels e.g. ICS COE Data and Analytics, Customer Marketing Analytics, Product, and Marketing teams
- Partner with Data & Analytics and Finance teams to review customer-level reporting, to identify gaps and address insights e.g. comparing reporting available today vs. a POA
- Lead standardisation of Marketing Governance practices and manage discovery and solutioning of source code gaps across all channels
- Partner with Card Member Analytics teams to create a roadmap for offer testing to inform response model builds and scaling treatment measurement while driving international alignment and adoption
- Define and shepherd key capability requirements through BID submission and planning processes, supported by clear sizing and prioritisation
- Coordinate and lead updates about progress with key partners and senior leadership
- Provide subject matter expertise on modernisation initiatives e.g. investment optimisation, responder data loops, international marketing infrastructure and capabilities
- Strong leadership experience and relationship building skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including influencing without authority and ability to work across different executive levels, diverse functions, and multiple cultures
- Previous experience in Marketing, capabilities and/or project management, including success in developing and implementing strategies in International markets
- A creative innovator who can develop business solutions
- Ability to drive projects with little direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven financial and commercial acumen, with strong analytical and strategic skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, to be flexible amidst change
- Ability to operate independently and proactively in ambiguity
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com