Senior Associate - Digital Product Management
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Imagine for a minute that you see an advertisement for an American Express card that excites you. You click on the ad, check out the benefits and decide to apply. You fill out the information about yourself in the application form, take a selfie or a video, upload a photo of your passport and recent bank statement and click submit. Seconds later you’re approved. The card is instantly available on your phone to use and start earning rewards, getting a free Uber or Deliveroo, or getting you access to restaurants and great travel experiences.
This is the kind of experience you’ll be working towards as part of our team – delivering on part of the application/onboarding journey. You’ll help reduce the friction for people to apply for a card while ensuring we meet the complex set of regulatory standards in each country to protect against fraud and other criminal activity.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Understand and learn about our users needs, both customers and internal teams
- Translate requirements into coherent user stories using agile tools and methods
- Work with engineers on a day-to-day basis to execute requirements during the development process
- Drive delivery by trouble-shooting issues, de-mystifying complex needs and leading planning cycles in partnership with your leader and agile champions
- Deliver the product roadmap in collaboration with go-to-market, engineering and design functions, often coordinating with other delivery teams
- Collaborate with local market teams to stay on top of market developments and the competition
- Partner with engineering and design functions throughout the product lifecycle from ideation to delivery and ongoing iteration
To be successful, you have:
- A passion for technology improving customer and user lives. Existing product experience of 1-2 years would be welcome, but not essential as this role typically spans the first 3-5 years of a career before advancing in the product management function
- Insatiable curiosity and proven ability to learn
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. You’re able to articulate the reasons behind your work and bring others along with you. The skills stretch from writing customer journey narratives and mocking up wireframes to share with engineers to inspiring go to market teams with our strategy and roadmap
- Strong collaboration & relationship skills – we are relationship-oriented company, that values diverse perspectives. You will be the evangelist for the strategy and roadmap but won’t be successful without bringing others along with you. Your ability to listen deeply, contextualise your insights are essential to achieving the best outcomes
- The spirit of an entrepreneur with an ability to contribute to product design, project management and technical ideas. Your job doesn't end with your job description
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning and development, through to launch
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com