Senior Product Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
American Express International Card Services Centre of Excellence (ICS CoE) supports colleagues around world with the world-class products, solutions, and expertise they need to be successful. International Business Financing (IBF) is part of the ICS COE Lending team and is tasked with scaling and expanding a suite of innovative non-card lending solutions for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Canada, Australia, and other key international markets. As a major strategic investment for American Express, we have embarked on a bold agenda to become the leading working capital provider for our SME customers globally.
We have an opportunity for a seasoned product manager to drive the expansion of our business lending and associated products globally. The successful candidate will work closely with local market and central lending teams, as well as external partners to formulate and communicate a winning product roadmap and strategy for business loans.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Cross market strategy lead for the IBF team: acting as the owner of our IBF strategy and working closely with the card lending, consumer lending and other international and US product teams formulate and communicate our strategy
- Work closely with International local market product teams and leaders to socialize and secure buy-in to strategies.
- Working closely with IBF team to share best practices/innovations across international markets
- Central owner/ day to day contact for existing global lending partnerships
- Develop insights and strategies for expansion into new product lines and new markets
- Analyze the performance of our products and develop insights and strategies to help expand our business
- Investigate new partnerships for non-card lending in new international markets and leading the third party onboarding processes for global partnerships
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship management, and conflict resolution skills; with a track record of gaining consensus for product strategies
- Pragmatic, direct approach and a track record of solving problems and implementing solutions in a highly matrixed business environment
- Strong customer focus; the ability to view issues from a customer lens
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, excel in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands while maintaining high standards of personal excellence/integrity
- Ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and develop recommendations to influence senior leadership
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to communicate effectively to audiences with varied backgrounds
- Understanding of commercial financing solutions and competitive landscape
- Good understanding of lending product decision-making triggers and experience creating strategies to respond to them
- Knowledge of global payments platforms
- B2B/lending experience, with product development/management expertise and experience driving financial performance of products in market, and taking new products from concept to launch
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org