Product Analyst - Colleague 360, Digital Workplace Data & Analytics
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences, from payments to rewards to servicing, that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry. Find your place in digital product on #TeamAmex.
Colleague 360 is the Digital Workplace data team, we look at ways where data can show how our colleagues work, with the aim to improve their experience and increase their digital literacy to in turn, increase productivity and collaboration. In collaboration with product teams in Digital Workplace, Colleague Experience Group, and Global Real Estate, we look at how data can deliver automation efficiencies and personalize experiences.
The Product Analyst plays a critical role within the exciting world of the Digital Workplace Data Insights and Analytics team by supporting Product, Compliance and Delivery Managers to enable us to bring value to our internal customers. From engagement of Source System teams and detailed analysis of their data, pro-actively exploring combined data, to realise valuable opportunities, generating content for our in house built insights application (DDX), investigating data issues, defining business rules and transformation requirements for data ingestion, whilst ensuring Colleague Privacy is at the forefront of your mind at all times, these are just some of the exciting tasks you will be involved in.
Analysis of data and realising value is key to this role but, heavy involvement in our engagement, backlog and prioritisation process is also key to our success. Our rigorous Compliance program ensures that we look to protect the privacy of our Colleagues in everything we do, the Product Analyst is critical to ensure we can present our use cases to our stakeholders, gain alignment and complete the necessary documentation to ensure our Colleagues data is safe.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Analyse and identify Source System requirements from C360 Backlog
- Involvement and at times ownership of Source System Engagement
- Analysis of Source System Data
- Identify valuable data (Insight opportunities for future use as well as value related to backlog use cases)
- Identify key PII fields and related colleague privacy impacts
- Investigate and resolve data issues from a product perspective
- Pro-actively explores data and comes up with use cases or newly discovered insights
- Defines expected results in collaboration with Data Ingestion & Tableau Team
- Validates Source System data (end to end), business rule application and data transformation through to Tableau
- Identify risks, challenges, and opportunities
- Involvement in the Engagement, backlog and prioritisation process
- Writes definition transformation/business rules for source system data and stories for data needs for tableau work in collaboration with PO
- Co-manages content to be displayed in our insight application DDX in collaboration with PO
- Assist in data extraction as per requirement in engagements
- Keeps Colleague Privacy and protection of Colleague Data in the forefront of everything they do
- Works with and supports the Colleague 360 Compliance Manager in:-
- Researching data usage impact related to Colleague Privacy
- Defines and presents Colleague 360 Data usage to Compliance Stakeholder (Global Privacy, Colleague Privacy, Colleague Labor Relations, GCO, Data Privacy Office)
- Completes and drives Compliance documentation for alignment and approval (Privacy Impact Assessment, Data Privacy Impact Assessment,
- Provide data analysis and/or documentation to support process and/or audit activities
The successful candidate must be a proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities for various stakeholders. In addition, we are looking for the following skill set:
- Passionate about the role data can play in improving our colleague’s live
- Previous experience of working/analysing complex datasets with the ability to identify unrecognised value and maintaining attention to detail
- Outstanding analytical thinker and problem solver, comfortable working with data and able to drive resolution to complex problems/use cases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with an ability to comprehend, collect, and communicate complex information, policies and procedures and adjust the message accordingly based on the audience
- Strong skills in the use of Excel and some competency in SharePoint, PowerPoint, Confluence are preferred. Experience with Jira/Rally would be advantageous but training will be provided
- Basic knowledge of Tableau, or willingness to learn
- Any understanding of Colleague Privacy would be an advantage but training will be provided
- Proven ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive creative ideas and solutions
- Basic understanding of software development, testing and deployment (Solution Delivery Lifecycle) principles
- Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives
- Adapts to change quickly and easily
- Knows when to escalate decisions and when to make on the spot decisions
- Interest in growing the product management muscle
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com