Associate - Digital Product Ops
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
To create and evolve the “Apply for a card” experience, enabling people to get an Amex card in more than 25 countries, join the international onboarding team. You’ll join the leadership team in managing the product portfolio and enabling the product team to focus on and deliver experiences our customers will love. We guide & support over 15 teams in two key responsibilities; portfolio optimisation and capacity management.
In support of portfolio optimisation, our goal is to provide the context and insights to guide our teams towards the most effective enhancements to our customer journeys. A big part of the day to day is working with our key markets & partners to ensure we have a clear understanding of the most important problems to solve.
In support of capacity management, we strive to deliver effective forecasting tools and solutions to report and link our strategy/roadmap with the capacity plan and capacity planning to keep our internal partners aware and supportive. The portfolio is constantly shifting as new requests come in and previous forecasts evolve.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Support the management of our 12-month rolling roadmaps and product backlogs to share across market teams and other key partners
- Partner with market and central teams to ensure there is a clear problem statement and hypothesis behind any requests for work
- Help to solve friction in the portfolio planning processes and capacity forecasting processes. Iterating on solutions and tools to make the experience better
- Collaborate with the delivery functions to provide status reporting on key projects
- Coordinate the early product discovery to get the right people and teams engaged in assessing the risks and opportunities of any new ideas.
To be successful, you have:
- A passion for technology improving customer and user lives. Whether we are providing insights into the portfolio and our capacity or improving the tooling, we’ll be exploring and using digital solutions to enable our success
- Insatiable curiosity, a proven ability to learn and strong problem solving skills. We’ll be continuously improving and you’ll be at the heart of driving those improvements to make our team more effective
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. You’re able to articulate the reasons behind your work and piece together a compelling story to explain our portfolio and roadmap
- Strong collaboration & relationship skills – we are relationship-oriented company, that values diverse perspectives
- The spirit of an entrepreneur with an ability to contribute to dig into the data, shaping our strategy, designing the product and project management. Your job doesn't end with your job description
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning and development, through to product launch
- Experience with enterprise software like Jira and Rally, Confluence, slack, Microsoft excel, mural, AirTable, a strong plus. A demonstrated ability and willingness to adopt and learn new workplace tools essential
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com