Director-Training and Development
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
The Global Learning & Knowledge Management (GLKM) team provides a full range of dynamic, evolving learning and performance solutions that enrich our colleague’s skills and knowledge, powering engagement and driving business results. We are a global team responsible for developing holistic learning strategies, designing innovative learning solutions, and delivering experiential learning experiences. We make transformation possible by— attracting our future leaders, designing and delivering best-in-class learning, engaging and retaining top talent.
The Director of Learning Delivery in the Global Learning & Knowledge Management Team (GLKM) is responsible for onboarding and enriching colleagues across multiple markets and/or Lines of Business. The goal for this team is to deliver immersive and experiential learning experiences that enable the success of every colleague. This position is a key leadership role in the GLKM organization.
The incumbent will need to combine learning delivery experience with strategic thinking, analysis, planning and execution to deliver a premium colleague experience in every classroom. We make membership come to life, every day.
How will you make an impact in this role?
This position adds value by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of customer needs, external best practice and internal operations to deliver solutions that drive optimal colleague, customer and business outcomes.
- Lead an organization of Learning & Performance Specialists (approx. 60)
- Partner with other Global Learning Directors to build a cohesive strategy enabling strong business and performance outcomes
- Implement effective practices and processes, working towards a global and consistent approach to learning, driving continuous improvement in the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of learning
- Partner with operations teams to fully understand needs and become a true advocate for colleagues
- Execute learning solutions that are relevant and delivered flawlessly - with high impact and appropriate measures in place
- Analyze metrics, objectives, and key results that inform the success of the learning interventions
- This position will report into the Vice President – Global Learning Delivery
- Experience in learning delivery or design, including understanding of adult learning principles and facilitation competencies
- Exceptional people leader with a proven ability to effectively lead a diverse group of learning professionals across multiple markets; Strong ability to effectively navigate through a global, matrix environment
- Clear, confident, self-motivated, displays passion for learning
- American Express operations experience is desirable, Call Centre Operations experience is desirable
- Compelling Communication Skills: Possesses engaging style in front of large audiences, strong written and oral communication skills with credible influence and impact at various levels. Possesses a communication style that welcomes debate but ultimately drives alignment – highly collaborative.
- Capacity to become a change agent - not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated ability to lead and partner with cross-functional, virtual teams and operate autonomously, making complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure
- Track record of successfully managing multiple projects at once successfully. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, excel in a complex fast paced, rapidly evolving business demands
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Enthusiastic, fun, flexible and demonstrates a willingness to learn!
We backourcolleagues and theirlovedones with benefits and programsthat support theirholisticwell-being. Thatmeans we prioritizetheirphysical, financial, and mentalhealththrougheachstage of life. Benefitsinclude:
Support for financial-well-being and retirement
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disabilitybenefits (depending on location)
Flexibleworkarrangements and schedules with hybrid and virtualoptions with AmexFlex
Generouspaidparentalleavepolicies (depending on yourlocation)
Free access to global on-site wellnesscentersstaffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
Free and confidentialcounseling support throughour Healthy Minds program
Career development and trainingopportunities
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact - every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Offer of employment with American Express isconditioned upon the successfulcompletion of a background verification check, subject to applicablelaws and regulations.
To completeyourapplication,pleaseclick on the linksbelow. However, ifyourequireanyassistance with the completion of thisprocess – orneedanyreasonableadjustments to be made – thenpleasecontact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org