Campus - Internship Programme - Undergraduate Marketing – 2024 (UK)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
As marketers at one of the most iconic brands in the world, we play a major role in building authentic relationships with customers who impact life and business around the world. Here, creativity and inspired storytelling combine with powerful data-based marketing and hyper-personalized digital communication to create a genuine human connection that drives business results. As a part of our diverse community of marketers, you can have a breadth of different marketing experiences and do virtually anything from connecting small businesses to new customers to uncovering insights that inspire the future of payments. Create a dynamic career while doing work that matters for people and businesses everywhere. Find your place in marketing on #TeamAmex.
Business Unit/Role Specific Information
For us marketing is all about driving innovation and thinking creatively about ways to make our customers lives easier. Through our Marketing Internship, you’ll have the opportunity to craft real life marketing strategies to help to expand our diverse Amex network and contribute to the growth of the business. You could be engaging with top creative agencies, driving digital presence, or working on some of our most exciting product portfolios and partnerships trying to bring them to life with your own ideas.
All of this will be done using market and consumer data from previous campaigns, evaluating the external landscape, and analyzing internal data to identify trends. So, if you’re someone who can use data constructively and come up with winning strategies, then this internship could be for you.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme provides high-performing students with exciting projects aligned to the company’s strategic, operational, or financial goals. Interns will work on a challenging project, learn about our award-winning culture and network across our diverse business units and regions.
- A passion for customer facing marketing and customer insight with an interest in the payments industry.
- Ability to see projects through from start to finish.
- Good communicator and effective collaborator at all levels, enjoys working as part of a team.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners, and present ideas in a compelling way.
- Think strategically, with the ability to analyze and interpret large amounts of data to identify trends and drive insights.
- Ability to overcome challenges and apply skills to get results.
- Curiosity to explore ideas and get diverse viewpoints to enhance your thinking.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with experience in Excel and PowerPoint.
Currently enrolled in full-time Bachelor’s degree program
Students must graduate in 2025 or have recently graduated
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
- Click on ‘Apply Now’
- Create a new username and password
- Complete and submit your application
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.