Senior Product Manager - Network Development
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power toprogress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact - every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
The American Express Network enables over $1.2 Trillion in annual spend and serves card Issuers and Acquirers in over 170 markets worldwide. Network and Acquirer Solutions (NAS) operates the American Express Network with the highest levels of performance, security, and integrity; and is supporting Network coverage expansion by onboarding new Network Issuers and Acquirers and launching a new Network in China. The NAS team is also driving a strategic, multi-year transformation to modernize the Network creating innovative products, services, and capabilities that anticipate the needs of customers by enabling more types of payments.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Senior Managers within Network Product play a critical role in envisioning and developing American Express’s emerging payment solutions.
- In addition supporting the business to a more Product centric organization.
- This exciting role will offer a talented product leader the opportunity to drive the delivery of new payment products such as Real Time Payments, Push Payments, Cross Border and Loans
- You’ll research industry trends, and review partner inputs, drive roadmap in A2A payments and work with Engineering to deliver a rich spectrum of new Account to Account products, features, and services.
- The role holder will have the opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of innovative and disruptive digital payment solutions and directly contribute to the global success of American Express and our partners.
- Never dull – you’ll be challenged to define the future of payments in one of the world’s largest payment businesses.
- Relevant experience: Proven years’ minimum experience in a Fintech, Payments processor, Product Development and/or Management Consulting.
- Passion for payments and innovation: Passion for emerging payments, fintech’s, and evolving payments landscape (e.g., real time payments, PSD2, etc.). Knowledge of payments industry and disruptive technologies, ideally expertise in digital payments.
- Project management experience: Superior organizational skills with the ability to autonomously manage several initiatives at once and drive results in a fast paced, multi-partner environment with constant change.
- Familiar with Agile and Scum methodologies.
- Collaborative team player: Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and effectively operate in ambiguity, white space, and quickly evolving priorities.
- Leadership experience...in leading cross-functional teams to manage large scale product launches, including test and learn pilots.
- Intellectual curiosity: High-intellectual curiosity, ‘creative and critical thinker with experience in complex problem solving and strategic thought leadership.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Proactive self-starter with a demonstrated track record for navigating complex and highly matrixed organizations to execute and deliver results.
- Effective communicator and influencer: Excellent written and oral communication skills, proficient in developing excellent quality presentations and deliverables for an executive audience. Ability to indirectly influence a wide range of diverse stakeholders and mobilize and lead cross-functional teams.
The candidate we are looking for:
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity - applying your own structure to your work and bringing other people along the journey.
- Commercial – you have an eye for an opportunity and can conduct market research to identify opportunities to buy, partner, or invest in businesses that will help to accelerate the Network vision.
- A resourceful researcher - you’re able to pull the data and form prescient insights on where the market is headed to identify roadmap impacts to products, features, or services.
- You can skilfully navigate the complex matrix of American Express - collaborating with colleagues and SME’s to agree on needs, and next steps. You love to be hands-on and driving results.
- In addition comfortable working with Engineering to support the delivery of roadmap deliverables.
- A keen communicator - you strive for the same level of clarity from others that you provide with clear verbal and written communication to all levels of the organization.
- You love a plan – you’re happy to commit folk to a delivery target and like to work to identify the components that make a delivery successful, managing risks and issues openly.
- Entrepreneurial - you like to understand the economics of a new opportunity or idea to assess its viability. You’re comfortable building a business case and setting KPI’s.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To completeyourapplication, pleaseclick on the linksbelow. However, ifyourequireanyassistance with the completion of thisprocess – orneedanyreasonableadjustments to be made – thenpleasecontact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org