Finance Manager - International Card Services
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous, quick thinkers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s negotiating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year’s financial plan, you can influence both
our day-to-day P&L and the future direction of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a ange of roles to grow your career. Find your place in finance on #TeamAmex.
The International Card Services (ICS) Finance team provides strategic and financial decision support to enable accelerated growth across the ICS business.
The Manager ICS COE LFO reporting to the Director LFO ICS COE is responsible for leading profitability analysis and strategy for ICS wide initiatives to maintain best in class products that drive value to customers and shareholders. The Manager will be responsible for leading important broad-scale financial analyses aimed at refreshing our product value propositions in the premium and commercial card portfolio.
This role has significant exposure to senior leaders across ICS and finance. The Manager should be a dynamic individual who has strong critical thinking, superior analytical skills, experienced in team management, and has the right ambition to inspire change.
The role will have a remit not limited to product finance but across ICS spanning Acquisition, Customer marketing, all products and segments and running LFO duties for COE organization.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- A people leader who delivers impactful analyses for premium and commercial cards.
- Develop quantitative data analysis and provide recommendations to drive optimal decisions for the commercial card portfolio.
- Oversee and manage ICS P&L for commercial and raise key trends and insights to stakeholders to action.
- Develop external view of AXP product line strategy, comparing benefits and value deliver to CMs vs price.
- Evaluate and assess margin improvement opportunities in existing products.
- Build relationships across ICS, GCSG finance and business teams to facilitate decisions.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of data infrastructure to make financial decisioning seamless for stakeholders.
- Own LFO duties for COE organization – Month End, Opex planning, etc.
- Consistent, strong contributor and proven people leader with exceptional references from former leaders and team members
- Strategic and inspiring leader with the ability to work through unstructured problems and develop clear action plans
- Strong analytical skills; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models valuable insights from large amounts of financial data
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others in situations where there may be different goals
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral -- with experience leading discussions with Senior Leaders where decisions need to be made based on the facts presented
- Creative problem solver who is willing to question traditional ways of doing things and develop innovative approaches to old challenges
- Strong P&L management skills with full ownership from analysis through to implementation and tracking in plan.
- Passionate focus on the customer; demonstrated desire to understand and solve for customer needs and difficulties while balancing P&L impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
- Capacity to remain calm and flexible under pressure and deliver in tight deadlines
- SQL experience not required but preferred and candidate is expected to learn quickly
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com