Payment Facilitator Business Development and Implementation Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Build rewarding customer relationships with the powerful backing of an iconic brand.
The role is focused on growing merchant coverage and revenue via the Payment Facilitator channel across Europe and sits in the European Payment Facilitator Partnerships team. Our partners operate in a high growth, dynamic environment and provide payment solutions to merchants across both eCommerce and mPOS (mobile Point of Sale) channels.
The specific role of Business Development & Onboarding Manager plays a significant role in qualifying prospects, negotiating new T&C’s for new Payment Facilitators and Digital Wallet Operators and handling the implementation of the new prospects both internally and externally, until the first $ has been billed. You'll be leading all aspects of the technical, compliance, risk and training considerations, in order to meet the expected launch dates. You will be responsible for evolving the end to end Partner Onboarding process from prospect identification to full live AXP acceptance, identifying ways to speed up, simplify and streamline the current process. Finally, you will need to collaborate with various teams across the company and the external Partner’s organization, so strong interpersonal and communication skills are crucial.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Gain internal approval to proceed with the identified Prospect, negotiate contractual/commercial terms with the prospect and once signed, lead the implementation of our complex and strategically significant Partners to support coverage and revenue growth
- Consult with prospective Partners to successfully identify and in some cases design, solutions that align requirements with capabilities
- For strategic opportunities work alongside a Senior Partner Manager to sign new prospects
- Attention to detail with excellent process and project management skills, with experience of tracking task level activities and delivering projects on time
- Excellent influencing & negotiating skills
- Proven self-starter and comfortable within a team environment as you'll regularly provide updates to the team on the status of the pipeline
- Proactively manage and facilitate the communication of cross functional teams, without direct authority, to ensure the successful initiation and completion of projects
- Lead with an external approach and promote process improvements and focuses to meet evolving customer demands
- Deploy a structured and planned approach to new partner implementation
- Lead sales training with the new partners
- Maintain/Update AXP/ Partner Implementation Guide
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key Partners
- Support periodic campaign activities, compliance projects and on-boarding exercises
- Key relationships with Compliance, Risk, General Counsel’s Office, Product Enablement, Payments Consulting Group, Global Services Group, Global Strategy and Capabilities, Operational Excellence and Marketing to ensure swift implementation of new Partners
- Work with existing Partners to accelerate AXP acceptance through back book recruitment campaigns and ensure that Partners align with AXP governance and policy
- Provide valuable input which influences the shape and direction of the team’s strategy
- Previous experience of successfully negotiating and onboarding of new customers, preferably in a merchant services
- Previous experience working within a sales organization
- Ability to get results and innovate, challenging the status quo, questioning current approaches
- Excellent issue resolution and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead/coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong relationship building and management
- Ability to navigate a matrix organisation to reach objectives and to secure an ongoing network
- Being able to represent the business on client visits (when possible) and create a credible impression by employing expertise and a consultative approach to developing the most suitable solution
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently and without supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Attention to detail with good analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, Word & Microsoft Project
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org