Director, Deal Finance
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
Deal Finance M&A Director
Competitive salary and benefits apply
Central Cambridge, UK / Waltham, MA / Wilmington, MA / Gaithersburg, MD
At AstraZeneca, we pride ourselves on being a talented, global team that’s powering AstraZeneca to better serve patients, every day. The fuel behind our evolving, rapidly growing enterprise, we’re here to help unlock the power of what science can do and ultimately have a huge impact on patients’ lives.
Our Finance professionals are coordinated and closely aligned with the whole enterprise. We offer our expertise and innovative solutions to accelerate our evolution. We do all of it strategically, looking ahead to the new challenges we’ll face and improving the way the enterprise operates today.
Deal Finance provides corporate-wide buy-side and sell-side business development investment advisory services.
As our Deal Finance M&A Director, you will participate all aspects of the business development investment process, from initial screen and due diligence, to transaction closing and post-closing transition to AstraZeneca’s operational functions.
The position responsibilities are as follows:
- Represent AstraZeneca’s finance organization during transaction diligence, negotiations, and contracting processes
- Coordinate with broad cross-functional teams to progress transaction-related matters
- Coordinate with external investment banking advisors, management consultants, private equity and venture capital professionals, and management from other companies across the full transaction cycle
- Monitor and evaluate current events related to specific transactions
- Lead all aspects of the design and build of sophisticated financial models that perform analyses under various operating scenarios
- Manage full valuation analyses, including DCF, SOTP, M&A, and comparable trading and precedent transaction studies
- Help prepare investment presentations for AstraZeneca’s Financial Leadership Team, Senior Executive Team, and Board of Directors that highlight transaction risks and opportunities
- Provide post-closing management services to relevant parties on an as needed basis
Education, Qualifications and Essential Experience
- A sophisticated level of interpersonal skill is required for this role. Importantly, the candidate must be highly enthusiastic about AstraZeneca’s mission and be driven and committed to its success.
- Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
10+ years of experience within Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions. This can be through working in Competitive Intelligence, Investment Banking, Equity Research, Management Consulting or Investment Management.
- Prior experience must include management of complex financial models and presentations to reflect financial projections, financing structures, and key structuring terms for transactions greater than $100 million.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Finance or Science).
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or advanced scientific degree (PhD, MD, PharmD) viewed favorably.
- Pervious experience of working within Biotech or Pharma would also be a significant advantage.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you! Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours
Where can I find out more? Our Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn - LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - Instagr
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.