Associate Director, Diagnostic Project Management
Job Type: Full time
The Diagnostic Project Management group within Precision Medicine, Project, Portfolio & Operations is accountable for providing project and portfolio management to the AZ Precision Medicine portfolio to ensure successful delivery of diagnostic projects from initiation of development to regulatory approval, across all therapy areas, and to further optimise the delivery of precision medicines by defining and championing best practices. Furthermore, this group is responsible for driving continuous improvement processes, for providing accurate Precision Medicine portfolio information for decision making and business reporting, and for capacity and resource management.
The Associate Diagnostic Project Manager will work across several cross-functional diagnostic project/ programme teams to provide hands on project management expertise to deliver projects within agreed time, budget and quality. The role depends on close collaboration with Diagnostic Project Managers and diagnostic project teams to ensure strategic alignment, and with Diagnostic Diagnostic Information Managers, who are responsible for inputting project information into AZ’s enterprise planning tool (PLANIT).
- Manages multiple complex projects to deliver to time, cost and quality
- Creates and manages project plans to track and drive delivery of major milestones
- Manages project costs aligned to investment decisions, and FTE resources aligned to project needs/ forecast demand
- Creates and manages project risk logs, and drives mitigating actions with diagnostic project teams
- Creates progress reports to track delivery to time, cost and quality
- Coaches, and works with, Diagnostic Information Managers to ensure accuracy of project/ portfolio information within AZ’s enterprise planning tool (PLANIT)
- Drives process simplification and standardisation across Precision Medicine to maximise efficiencies and establish best practice
- Meeting planning and facilitation
- Plans and facilitates Diagnostic Project Team meetings, ensuring accurate actions are captured, circulated and followed up on.
- Plans and facilitates Precision Medicine project review meetings, attended by Precision Medicine leaders, diagnostic project team members and key R&D stakeholders
- Deputises for the Diagnostic Project Manager at programme level, as necessary
Minimum Requirements –Education and Experience
- BA/BSc in relevant subject (or equivalent experience)
Minimum Experience Required
- Significant experience within a scientific project management environment
- Expert understanding of Project Management techniques, tools and principles
- Strong organisation and forward-planning skills, with attention to detail
- Experience of global team-working and effectively communicating with key stakeholders
- A professional, enthusiastic and proactive approach, with the ability to independently manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Experience of using Microsoft Office/ Outlook, project planning tools and web-based programmes
- Prior experience in managing and reporting of project information
- Professional project management qualification (e.g. PMP)
- High-level understanding and interest in Precision Medicine
- Experience of using PLANIT to accurately forecast resource and maintain milestones
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.