Diagnostic Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
The Diagnostic Project Management group within Precision Medicine, Business Excellence is accountable for providing project and portfolio management to the AZ Precision Medicine portfolio to ensure successful delivery of diagnostic projects from initiation of development to regulatory approval, across all therapy areas, and to further optimise the delivery of precision medicines by defining and championing best practices. Furthermore, this group is responsible for driving continuous improvement processes, for providing accurate Precision Medicine portfolio information for decision making and business reporting, and for capacity and resource management.
The Diagnostic Project Specialist will work alongside the Project Manager/ Associate Project Manager delivering technical expertise across several cross-functional diagnostic project and programme teams.
- With direction: Manages projects within a franchise to deliver to time, cost and quality
- Creates and manages project plans to track and drive delivery of major milestones
- Manages project costs and resources (people)
- Creates and manages project risk logs, and drives mitigating actions where appropriate
- Creates progress reports to track delivery to time, cost and quality
- Works with, Diagnostic Information Managers to ensure efficient and effective management of project, programme and portfolio information
- Champions process simplification and standardisation across Precision Medicine
- Meeting planning and Facilitation
- Plan and facilitate Diagnostic Project Team meetings ensuring accurate actions are captured, circulated and followed up on.
Minimum Requirements –Education and Experience
- BA/BSc in relevant subject (or equivalent experience)
Minimum Experience Required
- Understanding of Project Management techniques, tools and principles
- Strong organisation and forward-planning skills, with attention to detail
- Experience of global team-working and communicating with key stakeholders
- A professional, enthusiastic and proactive approach, with the ability to independently manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Experience of using Microsoft Office/ Outlook and web-based programmes
- Prior experience in managing and provision of project information
- Professional project management qualification
- Experience in a similar role
- High-level understanding and interest in Precision Medicine
- Experience of using PLANIT
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.