Job Type: Full time
Competitive salary and benefits apply
Location: Cambridge, UK
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca’s Group Financial Reporting function is continuing its transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial reporting and control. As this strategy continues to drive the effectiveness and performance of the business, to the benefit of millions of patients worldwide, best in class finance reporting and leadership becomes ever more important.
We are currently seeking a Reporting Accountant to join our Group Financial Reporting (GFR) team, responsible for the externally reported consolidated financial results of the AstraZeneca PLC group. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience and advance your career as part of a diverse external reporting team in a FTSE 100 company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing the accuracy of the accounting records for the AstraZeneca PLC entity (the group top company) and other holding company entities, including reviewing the monthly reporting of results into the Group consolidation and review of a number of Balance sheet account reconciliations;
- You will also prepare annual financial statements for the PLC entity;
- Assist other UK subsidiaries with statutory accounts preparation;
- Statutory audit co-ordination;
- Support for internal tax and transfer pricing queries in relation to the UK financial statements;
- Supporting the Group Finance Transformation project team;
- SOx controls in relation to Group quarterly close; and
- Providing ad-hoc support to the business in relation to UK reporting.
- Working on the Group Annual Report including preparing notes and other sections of the Annual Report and 20-F filing.
Essential skills and experience
- ACA or equivalent qualification with proven post qualification experience;
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP requirements;
- UK Statutory Financial Statement reporting;
- Be able to demonstrate strong technical and analytical accounting skills,
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of financial controls; and
- External auditor liaison.
Desirable skills and experience
- SAP experience; and
- Experience of working with outsourced providers
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you! Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn - LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - Instagr
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.