Job Type: Full time
Do you have expertise in, and passion for operations management? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working
and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we’re driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry. Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it. You’re trusted to explore and to find new solutions, experimenting with leading-edge technology and grappling with challenges in a modern technology environment that might never have been tackled before. It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross-functionally and inclusively together. Be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
About The Role
The Operations Manager will develop and evaluate a comprehensive set of strategic management and measurement processes that link strategic objectives to key performance indicators for the functional area and provide accurate management reporting on performance to Early Research and the Data & Analytics (D&A) team in R&D IT. Oversees the planning, ensuring both functions have the resources and operational tools they need to develop strategies effectively
Develops, implements, and monitors the frameworks:
- scorecard ownership, reporting, communication in line with IT requirements
- management of capability meetings: agenda planning, facilitation, and minutes
- support the creation and of business cases and initiative tracking; ensuring alignment to business/IT objectives and strategy; managing functional risks, actions, and decisions
- deliver communication strategy and events: internal communications, engagement plans, Town Halls
- Responsible for the provision of robust and succinct information to senior leaders, to support decision making
- Support the Head of Early Research and D&A IT – with key deliverables and urgent business
- Manage and co-ordinate MTP and LTP process and submissions
- Maintain an understanding and awareness on new strategic and business/IT planning trends and developments
- Operating model governance and role development
Essential Skills & Experience
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent preferred in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field
- 2+ years progressive experience in IT, business or financial management
- 2+ years’ experience leading cross functional teams and building consensus
- Experience with scorecards and reporting
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate both written and orally at all levels of the organization
- Very functional and comfortable with reporting and communicating within the IT organisation
- Experience of change management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise, re-schedule or adapt to changes
- Ability to work well in and across diverse, global teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
Ability to drive process performance and efficiency improvements
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 14/09/2022
Close Date: 18/09/2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.