Data Governance Manager - 12 Month Contract
Job Type: Full time
Data Governance Manager – Data Services
12 Month Contract
Horizon place, Luton
Finance at AstraZeneca has a clear vision to become trusted partners, creating value and leading change. As such, Finance has a pivotal role to play in shaping our long-term financial health, partnering to deliver great results through insight, delivering excellence in financial operations and safeguarding AstraZeneca’s assets and reputation.
In Finance Architecture Change & Transformation (“FACT”), we support this ambition by being trusted partners for change excellence and building long-term capabilities to make us future-fit. This is where you could come in. Working in FACT is fast-paced, dynamic and challenging. We are looking for people who want to seize the opportunity to take an exciting step in their personal development journey and play a fundamental part of delivering a world-class finance organisation.
R&D Clinical Trials Cost Management Project presents an exciting opportunity for you to directly contribute to a key strategic objective in our Finance Roadmap to expand our standardisation and simplification – the project will transform the end to end cost management processes at the very heart of what we do as a Pharmaceutical Company. Truly transformational as a project, we will deliver an automated end to end cost view of our Clinical Trials across all process areas and functions, enabling us to deliver the granular level reporting our growth trajectory and requirement for speed of decision making demands.
The Data Governance Manager will be responsible to design, create and implement relevant and lasting data quality and data governance enhancements including the creation of Data Ownership, Data Standards, Data Management processes, Data Monitoring and Quality Assurance mechanisms enabling robust and reliable information insight and improved decision making across R&D in AstraZeneca. You will be the bridge between the project team and key stakeholders while being a passionate advocate and champion of Data Quality, who enables the business to land, adopt and embed the Data Governance enhancements in a successful manner.
To be successful, you will need to have extensive experience in designing and implementing robust Data Governance capabilities incl. Data Standards, Governance Processes, Data Governance RACIs, Data Quality KPIs paired with strong stakeholder engagement and influential skills. Experience in working in the Pharmaceutical industry and specifically in the R&D Finance / Clinical Trial space is desired.
The role will lead and deliver lasting data quality and data governance enhancements enabling robust and reliable information insight and improved decision making for AstraZeneca. The role owner will:
- Lead key Data Management and Governance quality assurance initiatives from initiation to implementation within agreed constraints of time, budget and output aspiration, which includes the design, delivery and implementation of:
- Data Ownership – identify and land data object specific data ownership
- Data Standards – collate necessary SME inputs and write data standards
- Data Mgt Processes & Capability – design and implement robust data management processes utilizing technology opportunities
- Data Monitoring – definition, design and implementation of data quality KPI dashboards
- Consequence Management – design and implementation of ongoing Data Governance mechanisms
- Data Cataloguing – support IT/Architecture teams to incorporate Data Governance in the new Data Cataloguing system
- Drive data governance delivery by managing plans and dependencies/risks/issues including removal of blockers consider alternative solution options and pro-active escalation to senior management for final decision and action as required
- Be Single Point of Contact for all CTCM Master Data Governance topics across the project teams, stakeholders and BAU Master Data Teams
- Build, track and manage the CTCM Data Governance & Quality Assurance delivery plan & effectively communicate any impacts, changes or dependencies to the Project Teams
- Produce weekly status reports on the data governance deliverables and distribute to key stakeholders to ensure transparency of activities and progress management
- Provide Data Management & Governance Assurance stewardship and leadership across the project and key stakeholders
- Own and manage the engagement of relevant project and business stakeholders to advocate Data Quality and Data Governance across the organization
- Manage Stakeholders and SMEs to draw out relevant data requirements, land designs and successfully land data governance into BAU
- Coordinate & Facilitate data workshops to gather detailed Data Governance and BAU Support Model requirements for Data
- Apply Finance process and data management excellence to create well balanced Data Quality Enhancement delivery recommendations including the development of robust supporting presentation materials
- Create ongoing Data Quality assurance drive across the BAU organisation through a robust Data Governance Support model design and tailored quality metric management
- Closely integrate into the wider FACT Data Service organisation to secure application of best practice frameworks and tools across our CTCM data delivery
- Finance or Accounting Degree
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing robust Data Governance capabilities incl. Data Standards, Governance Processes, Data Governance RACIs, Data Quality KPIs
- 4+ years’ experience in the Data Domain across Master Data Management, Governance, Data Assurance
- Proven track record of being a Data Management & Data Governance evangelist (catalyst for Data Assurance improvements/change)
- Excellent Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail & problem solving attitude
- Ability to present complex data context in a concise way to stakeholders on all levels of the organisation
- Experience of transformational change projects
- A natural problem solver with excel in translating data challenges into comprehensive resolution actions and their delivery
- High level of proficiency with common business applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio)
- Strong knowledge of finance/R&D Practices (processes, policies, procedures and systems)
- Subject Matter Expertise of R&D or Clinical Trial Data and Structures and Cost Management
- Specific Data Object knowledge of Projects/WBS, Milestone, Study, GLs, Cost Center, Management Units & Company Code
- Working knowledge of ACCORD, VCV, Planit, SAP ECC Modules (e.g. Fin)
- An understanding of the AZ Data Governance delivery life-cycle
- Experience in Data Cataloguing Experience in delivering large scale transformation at global FTSE 100 organisations
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.