Account Manager - North East & Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Location: North East England & Yorkshire
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 8th December 2022
Do you have expertise in, and a passion for, Account Management? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the lives of patients, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused, biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
We are on a mission to bring life-saving medicines to patients. Our role in contributing to decreasing mortality rates globally is clear – shaping the future by spotting a scientifically-led commercial opportunity and acting now to operationalise and scale it to make an impact at every step of the patient journey – to improve their experience and outcome.
As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re passionate about the possibilities of science in making a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
What you’ll do:
As a Renal Account Manager (RAM) you will be responsible for generating clinical demand for Renal brands within key accounts, proactively identifying business opportunities, presenting value propositions aligned to customer needs and objectives, and recommending solutions to drive and develop business.
The long-term goal is to develop strategic and mutually beneficial relationships with the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT), Decision Making Unit (DMU) and other partners in order to identify the best opportunities and outcomes.
You will set the account strategy for their accounts and ultimately be accountable for the commercial performance/outputs as well as being responsible for the market access of current and future agreed brands.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Delivering sales targets for allocated brands
- The preparation and execution of business plans for the region
- KEE (Key External Expert) development and mobilisation
- Identifying potential barriers to prescribing within the Local Healthcare Economy and working with relevant cross functional stakeholders to implement aligned action plans.
- Delivering high-quality sales interactions with both clinical and payer customers leading to market access for renal brands
- Facilitating the development of local/regional formularies and guidelines.
- Ensuring compliance with all AZ Governance Framework (CDTI) & ABPI.
- Budget management.
You will have:
- Experience in Account Management and the development of account plans
- Secondary care sales experience, ideally in nephrology
- A track record of engaging key stakeholders in complex clinical environments, e.g. mid and senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community
- Demonstrable experience in influencing the customer decision-making process within an ecosystem with multiple influential players /decision makers
- Proven experience of successful working in sophisticated cross functional teams
- Experience within business management and possess strong commercial and financial acumen
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full driving licence
- ABPI qualification
You may also possess:
- Knowledge and experience of AZ designated territory and customers
- Experience of influencing successfully in a complex organisation
- Proven track record of launching a secondary care medicine/or working in an environment with rapidly shifting clinical and treatment paradigms.
- Wellard’s diploma or equivalent
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and ignite your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society.
So, what’s next?
If interested, please submit your application by 8th December 2022.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.