Data Engineer - Snowflake
Location: Cambridgeshire, Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Data Engineer - Snowflake
Macclesfield, Luton or Cambridge
Competitive salary & benefits
Closing Date: 23rd December 2022
AstraZeneca is looking for strong technical engineers to work on our Data Management Platform Team.
The efficient management of our data is fundamental to enabling AstraZeneca’s bold ambition to be the pioneers in science, lead in our disease areas, and transform patient outcomes. Therefore, we are looking for a strong engineer to be part of the Data Management Platform used by all areas of AstraZeneca. Responsibilities will include leading technical changes for the platform and working on diverse business problems in a multitude of business areas.
Enterprise Data and AI (ED&AI) – Data Engineering Services is a central team leading Data, Analytics and AI Platforms and Solutions. We build and manage enterprise technology platforms which enable AZ data engineers from all domain areas to solve data challenges.
We are in the process of transforming to a cloud-native data platform, Snowflake, and are looking for someone who can join us at this crucial point. You’ll be part of the team that is building and running the platform, creating and evolving the processes and best practices and helping AZ data engineers use it across greenfield and migration projects.
What you’ll do
ED&AI Engineering is an expanding global service team encompassing many services for delivering engineering best practise to the organisation.
- You’ll be part of a team of engineers distributed across multiple locations forming part of a high-performing team that consistently and iteratively delivers high-impact, high-quality solutions to allow users to get the best value from AZ’s Snowflake platform
- You’ll need to work with data engineers in different teams, vendors and other functions of AZ such as privacy and security to understand requirements and provision them so they can be consumed
- You’ll be an important part of ensuring that the Snowflake platform runs efficiently – has the right monitoring, best practices and support wrap so its easy to use, operationally stable and sustainable.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelise great engineering culture
We consider individuals in this role to be our top tier Engineers; this means you need to be capable of working in multiple spaces and are likely to be the most experienced and skilled engineer on the team. You will raise expectations within the whole team, solve complex technical problems and work alongside complementary delivery platforms while aligning solutions with scientific and data strategies and target architecture.
You should apply if:
- You have life sciences experience, particularly with data engineering experience
- You are technically competent and curious, passionate about exploring, iterating, failing, and learning.
- You have previously worked as a software or data engineer responsible for multiple products, especially if using or managing Snowflake.
- You are customer-focused. Success is measured by how well your team is delivering against requirements
- You understand the importance of sustainability and are comfortable to have trade off conversations around technical debt
- You are highly skilled in modern Devops culture / practices with proven experience of SaaS based environments
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.