Commercial Data Tooling Analyst
Job Type: Full time
The Commercial Data Tooling Analyst is responsible for the systems, business rules and processes which ensure data is legal, accessible and fit for use by one or more business units. Working within the Global Data Office (GDO) and business users, the role maintains the quality and integrity of commercial data though the development and embedding of tools, standards, education of users, review of data quality and oversight of data management practices including implementing change initiatives to business processes and technology platforms.
This role will focus on Commercial Data outside of the US market. Data sets will include master, reference, transactional and external data. Applicants must be experienced in data governance/visualisation processes, data quality monitoring and have strong knowledge and experience of data lineage and the business processes dependent on the data. Technical abilities in analysing large data sets and user requirements solicitation will be a key focus.
- Partner with IT colleagues; Enterprise Solution and Information Architecture & Build teams to contribute to standards and policies and implement business requirements in line of business systems/platforms as per change management processes.
- Create and maintain documented standards, or appropriate sections of standards, for relevant data objects and systems: this will include but not be limited to Customer data, Product Data, Digital data and Sales data.
- Act as SME for relevant data sets to market data champions, project teams and business users
- Provide oversight and direction for the market data champions and business users to ensure tools and standards are embedded and followed with a continuous improvement focus to remediate any gaps
- Deputise for the Data Governance Lead and organise and run some data set specific working groups, and attend other relevant working groups
- Provide training, mentoring and support on data management/visualisation tools and standards to participants in the data governance community
- Act as the business owner for the requirements of data quality KPIs, dashboards and monitoring tools
- Direct initiatives to cleanse and improve data, in some cases reviewing data before it is loaded
- Update stakeholders via working groups, service reviews and project updates
- Participate in project, process or governance forums as delegate of the data governance lead
- Own and maintain the data tooling issue and risk registers and drive prioritisation, mitigation and resolution with the data object owner and working group.
- Assist with the development of a commercial data catalogue
- Provide the skills to make tools such as the catalogue usable and responsive to user needs
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience of working with commercial data and systems (Veeva, Reltio, SAP) and consumption
- Proven experience with Data Catalog, Search and Automation software (Collibra, Informatica, Talend etc)
- Demonstrable experience in data quality tools and KPIs (Infosphere, Data Ladder, Talend etc)
- Solid understanding of metadata harvesting methodologies and ability to create business and technical metadata sets.
- Experience in the analysis, maintenance and cleansing of large data sets breaking data silos
- Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder management skills, including excellent organisational, presentation and influencing skills
- A ‘Can do’ attitude to understanding data issues, the impact and proactively driving change.
- High level of proficiency with common business applications (Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint & SAP business user)
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Pharmaceutical business awareness/business domain knowledge
- API development skills
- Knowledge of Data Quality management practices
- Understanding of data regulatory requirements (GDPR, Consumer/Data Privacy etc)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.