Asset Lead, Oncology Outcomes Research
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on ground breaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business. Help to advance our pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
We are seeking an Asset Lead, Oncology Outcomes Research (O2R) who will report to the Tumor Lead for Oncology Outcomes Research. The Asset Lead will be responsible for developing and executing health outcomes and real-world strategies and studies on a global and US market level. The O2R team develops strategy for and delivers impactful real world, health outcomes, economic and patient reported research. The team's mission is to focus on quantifying and communicating the value proposition. In addition to evidence generation and communication, the team is a strong strategic partner to the Global and Regional medical teams responsible for developing health outcomes strategy in oncology.
This position can be based at either of our vibrant campus locations in Gaithersburg, MD (US) and Cambridge (UK).
What You'll Do:
- Leads the development and execution of the Global Franchise strategy including real world evidence, and other activities to assess, quantify and communicate the value proposition for AZ’s oncology portfolio.
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of asset specific Global and US Regional health outcomes strategy.
- Oversees a team of Outcomes Researchers, which will deliver both the strategy and technical execution of projects for that specific Franchise.
- Responsible for strategically communicating and influencing a diverse group of internal and external collaborators in GMA, OBU and ORD.
- Proactive relationship and communications with key counterparts in GMA, CMLT, USMA, EUCAN, OMAP, International.
- Will manage, coach and mentor outcomes researchers with diverse technical skills and enable them to deliver impactful and measurable results.
- Oversees the development of research plans for assets.
- Participates in key internal review and governance meetings to ensure the scientific rigor of AZ sponsored research including ERT.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Expert knowledge and application of epidemiological/health outcomes methodology within pharmaceutical industry at an international level.
- In-depth expertise with research methods for real world research, HEOR projects including pharmacoepidemiologic models.
- Scientific expertise in oncology with knowledge of different data sources
- Graduate degree (MS, MPH, PhD) in health economics, epidemiology, outcomes research and/or related fields.
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability with a track record of success in developing and leading teams
- Capable of managing budgets and resources, and shifting priorities in a rapidly changing environment
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours. Apply today.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.