Coupa Centre of Excellence Manager
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire East, County Dublin, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
Coupa Centre of Excellence Manager
Competitive salary and benefits apply
- UK - Cambridge or Macclesfield
- US - Wilmington, Gaithersburg or Boston
- Poland - Warsaw or Cracow
- Ireland – Dublin College Park
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca has integrated and transitioned into sourcing, purchasing and paying processes on a common Coupa platform with the strategic business objective to transform the way we buy and improve user experience.
Coupa COE manager will work with the finance, IT & procurement peers on enhancing system features and developing new capabilities. He/she will act as the platform owner and will chair the centre of excellence team with the ambition to bring Coupa release notes and new enhancement to its full potential. They will have high visibility to senior stakeholders and will build a platform to influence the future of AZ source to pay strategy.
The role holder reports to the Global Systems Lead for purchase to pay.
- Run the team of experienced Coupa system admins and representing AZ in front of internal and external partners
- Deliver Coupa projects and adoption of latest features as part of the release note management
- Build a strong network with Coupa vendor, IT, Finance, Master Data & Procurement to enable an efficient way of managing Coupa projects
- Provision of customer and service insight in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders (GPO, GPDD) to support decision making, customer communications, vendor management and support continuous service improvement.
- Chair the Design Authority forum and arbitrating on best utilization of Coupa features
Process & technology governance and continuous improvement
- Enforces global template and design standards previously agreed and consulted with GPO office and GPDD
- Identify and escalate (if necessary) process deviations that are not driven by local, regulatory or tax considerations
- Consistently promote integration of best practices and leading trends
- Actively assess system enhancements and deploy them in accordance with the latest Coupa product release
- Identifies process improvements and implements change with clear outcomes of improvement and standardisation
Stakeholder engagement and communications
- Coordinate and engage with key stakeholder groups across the business, Global and Local/BU functional teams and external providers
- Engage with Coupa product owner and be seated at the monthly governance calls
- Drive the development and updates of business process document (BPD)
KPIs and Metrics
- Define, implement and monitor metrics to identify improvement opportunities, service gaps and key trends
- Strong ability to resolve issues partnering with technical, procurement, finance teams and vendors to implement change as required.
- Clear focus on end to end process performance across the AZ business. Builds and maintains strong enterprise partnership for delivery (Finance, IT and the wider business)
Essential experience required:
- Experience in Coupa service management
- Experience in managing and developing 3rd party business relationships
- Extensive process experience (development, management and application of)
- Energetic and self-motivated qualified or experienced finance professional
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
- Able to communicate at all levels within the organisation and with strong communication and stakeholder management drive a change agenda to delivery and benefits
- Track record of driving simplification & continuous improvement across key business processes
- Significant experience in Service delivery and processes in a complex, multinational, corporate environment required
- Thorough understanding of Finance and/or Procurement processes
- Experience related to the outsourcing industry
- Strong delivery, influencing/ communication skills
- An ability to work and collaborate effectively in a matrix organization is essential
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
- Ability to analyse/ prioritise requests or issues/ changes and provide the best possible solution
- Ability to make decisions in pressure situations at a management level
- Good insight into IS ways of working and contractual relationships
- Candidate will be qualified at a university degree level and have relevant years of experience in the domain area.
- Excellent understanding of P2P systems and business solution which drive business value
Desirable experience required:
- Coupa certification
- Comprehensive experience in process design and / or optimization; experience with SSCs with a finance background
- Delivers message confidently and is consistent, removes blockers to success.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills around accounting analytics and processes
- PMI or Prince@2 certification
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have a seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn - LinkedIn
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - Facebook
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.