Statistical Science Associate Director (Principal level) - Late Oncology
Location: Cheshire East, Luton
Job Type: Full time
Statistical Science Associate Director (Principal level) – Late Oncology
Location: Macclesfield or Luton (UK)
Competitive salary and benefits
We are open to discussing working part-time (min 0.8FTE)
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Biostatistics? Would you like to apply your skills to impact the early phases of drug development and regulatory interactions, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Join the team dedicated to Oncology, with an ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. It’s our big vision that unites and inspires us. With multiple indications and high-quality molecules at all stages of our innovative pipeline, we keep pushing forward. Fusing ground breaking science with the latest technology to achieve breakthroughs. Backed by investment, we are aiming to deliver 6 new molecular entities by 2025.
We work on some of the most complex and interesting challenges. A fast-paced and agile team, we are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment. With access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline, you’ll be involved in countless submissions and a wide range of engaging projects along the complete drug development process.
What you will do:
You will be expected to:
- Take a leadership role and drive statistical thinking in cross-functional team projects, within an international environment
- Contribute to planning and quantitative decision making in early clinical development programmes
- Lead the delivery and oversight on drug project(s) and/or studies to time, quality and standards, including partnering with CROs and with Programming
- Participate in applying, adapting and/or developing statistical methodology
- Contribute to development of new procedures and standards to increase quality, efficiency, and effectiveness
Depending on your experience, the role may also include:
- Interactions to influence key partners and governance
- Acting as a technical expert in interactions with external providers and collaborators
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff and supporting them with education and training in statistics
- Working with regulatory agencies, e.g. attending meetings, answering questions
We offer the chance to influence drug development and the opportunity to gain experience across a range of challenging and exciting projects.
Essential in the role:
- MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics (containing a substantial statistical component) with experience in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
- Knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Leadership capabilities to be able to lead and direct project work
- Experience of data analysis and interpretation in a relevant area
- Strong knowledge of programming in R and/or SAS
- Excellent written and spoken English. Excellent communication skills (including communicating with non-statisticians) and ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent collaboration skills required – the energy to work across global & functional boundaries, both internally and externally
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to complex problems, problem solving and quality focus
Desirable in the role, dependent on experience:
- Experience of programme and study design
- Experience in the relevant therapeutic area
- Experience of regulatory interactions
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
- Our dedicated Biometrics page https://careers.astrazeneca.com/biometrics
Date role opened: 18th May 2023
Date role closed: 18th June 2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.