Competitive Intelligence Platform Lead
Job Type: Full time
Competitive Intelligence Service Lead
We are looking for a lead for AstraZeneca’s innovative competitive intelligence service within the IT innovation division, IGNITE.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
Competitive Intelligence Service Lead
Our competitive intelligence service is an internal, high-profile, tailored data & AI service built in collaboration with our in-house competitive intelligence professionals. It is transforming how competitive intelligence is created, disseminated and consumed across AstraZeneca into a rich, digital, interconnected, on-demand experience.
Through the use of data pipelines, knowledge graph, interactive visualisations and machine learning, it seeks to integrate key external and internal data sources, generate complex interactive information, and accelerate our teams of competitive intelligence professionals to provide a clear advantage for AstraZeneca. We value creating an excellent customer experience, reliable data, and effective engineering practises.
You will articulate, position and gain support for the next iterations of the service and product vision, roadmap and releases, and lead an international, hybrid team (engineers, product managers, data scientists) to deliver a lovable, impactful experience for customers.
You will be the primary point of engagement with customers, setting the tone, standards and expectations for those relationships. As the figurehead for the service, you will develop strong connections with customers, building followership and momentum for the service.
You will lead the team in how they deliver this work, including line management responsibilities. Standards and behaviours will be led by you and your example. The team’s engagement, following and motivation will be strongly influenced by how you guide and inspire the group.
Articulating the vision to the team and customers clearly, and relating those to the bigger goals of the company
Defining how we get to the next big landmarks and influencing around the organisation to make that possible
e.g. budget, resources, relationships, opportunities, risk, technology
Making decisions that are important+urgent and important+non-urgent
Delegating / empowering decisions where appropriate e.g. not important + urgent
Removing decisions and distractions that are neither important nor urgent
Making judgement calls on difficult decisions
Defining and measuring the overall success of programme through OKRs
Identifying blockers to success and defining a solution
Tracking and reporting progress to partners
Analysing progress: where are we doing well, where are things shakey, and what to do differently (if anything)
Securing annual budget by influencing VP-level partners through competitive business case pitching
Setting and upholding technical, delivery and team programme standards
Documenting information to uphold standards
Inspiring, motivating, understanding, resolving etc. to keep us on track
Line managing team members across administrative, pastoral and career advancement dimensions, supporting their success with AstraZeneca
Maintaining positive partner relationships with internal sponsors, primary customers (competitive intelligence professionals) and other tech teams
Leading all communications on the programme across a range of audiences
Acting as a figurehead to initiate collaboration opportunities (sift, analyse, prioritise)
Managing governance-level risk management and leading interventions as required.
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience in an Information Engineering / Information Architecture / Data Product context and have successfully led customer-focused data-rich SaaS services/solutions
- Technical knowhow and credibility across the spectrum of technologies, tools and processes used to deliver a world-class, transformative service including: data lifecycle and technologies, SaaS, cloud platforms, Agile practises, machine learning (AI), and UX.
- Deep knowledge of data technologies and the challenges of bringing data services into production
- Solid understanding and experience of data and solutions relevant to competitive intelligence / market analysis
- Experience / awareness of the application of AI (machine learning) on scientific or commercial use cases, e.g. Natural Language Processing and Ontologies.
- Experience of using AWS
- Take a view on technical matters when necessary to unblock issues, and advise the team
- Relentless customer focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers: Strong bias for action and results.
- History of delivering value to organisations through change – working across time zones, cultures, and IT disciplines
- Organizational agility – ability to build consensus through formal and informal channels and relationships; organizationally savvy. Experience of conflict resolution in a global matrix environment. The ability to engage and have impact with senior partners.
- Experience in leading global change programmes
- People leadership – in developing and leading successful data teams in sophisticated international organisations. Understanding of people motivation, drivers and development goals
- Critical thinking – understanding challenges, opportunities through evolving technology/methodology and formulating into tangible roadmaps with clear business value
- Creative thinking – finding ways of making the seemingly impossible, possible
- Business Leadership – ability to partner and collaborate across both IT and Science teams to provide optimum benefit to Science. Ability to identify new opportunities and to network to develop business cases/proposals to meet desired outcome.
- Strong leadership skills and influencing skills
- Integrity and trust -- unwavering commitment to "doing the right thing"
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Close Date: 10/2/2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.