Senior Solution Architect (Logistics) – IT Operations’
Location: Cheshire East, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Senior Solution Architect (Logistics) – IT Operations
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Architecture? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT ARCHITECTURE TEAM
As Architects, we connect the dots across the business to improve the agility and functionality of our processes to accelerate AstraZeneca to the next level. There’s so much potential to influence and inspire change, it’s a big challenge if you’re up for it. As champions of our Technology ecosystem, we make sure the rest of the business experiences the true benefits of our systems. Uniting diverse areas and simplifying the way we work, changing mentalities and behaviours along the way – our reach goes beyond technology. It starts with a comprehensive view, connecting emerging trends with business ambitions and applying emotional intelligence to understand how we can guide the right way to work and behave. Across the enterprise and each technology domain we come together to find leading solutions that will provide the platform for AstraZeneca’s success. Change agents, we are always proactively hunting for new insights and problem-solving to identify better ways of doing things. Motivated by the opportunities to learn and grow, we move fast and drive forward. Lay the foundations for future technological and people-driven success across AstraZeneca.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
The Senior Solution Architect for the Deliver (Logistics) Domain is accountable for determining and architecting solutions that enable and deliver the desired business capabilities in alignment with AstraZeneca’s IT strategy, roadmap, principles and standards. They work with other Solutions Architects across the Plan (Supply Chain), Source (Procurement and External Sourcing / Manufacture) and Deliver (Logistics) domains. Significant experience of Solution Architecture is essential, with specific experience in Logistics (Transportation Mgmt. / Logistics Visibility / Trade Mgmt. within an SAP environment and Serialisation / Traceability) solutions or one of the other domain areas highlighted being desirable.
The Senior Solution Architect will ensure that AZ technical solutions are delivered to AZ defined reference architecture and technology standards. The role will ensure that common architecture decisions are implemented consistently across the Business and IT. The role will provide Information Technology architectural expertise and technical direction to system development and integration projects. The Senior Solution Architect will primarily specialise in and work on architectures for Deliver solutions. Whilst the role will focus on the Deliver domain, the successful candidate could be asked to work on other projects across the broader Plan, Source, Deliver and ERP domains.
Senior Solution Architect for Deliver
The role will be accountable to provide solution architecture and design services within the Operations Architecture team. This role is accountable for the solution architecture and design in the Deliver domain area; with additional responsibilities in the Plan and Source areas as required. In the next 12 months, the Senior Solution Architect for Deliver will be the responsible architect on projects in the Deliver domain, including Global Trade, Logistics Visibility, Warehouse Management / Control initiatives whilst also providing Deliver-related architecture engagement into AZ’s SAP S/4 Programme, architecting and implementing solutions to enable these capabilities.
Senior Solution Architect
- Designs architectures, solution blueprints for programmes, projects or solutions that address business, application, data and infrastructure requirements
- Works with Business Analysis and Solution Engineering functions and supports functional and technical requirements management, including driving software selection processes
- Ensures that solution architectures and designs are appropriately robust and address business, application, information and infrastructure architectural requirements
- Accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements and are aligned to AstraZeneca’s Enterprise Architecture, providing domain expertise to ensure business opportunities are identified and realised in line with a standard and cost-effective architecture in support of a given portfolio
- The Senior Solution Architect will partner with project managers, business analysts, and solution engineers to create solutions that are aligned to AstraZeneca architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits)
- Within the solution development lifecycle, the role will be accountable for solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the case
- Provides technical and IT expertise support to project teams and conducts AZ architectural reviews throughout project lifecycle
- Ensures compliance with existing EA guidelines and standards
- Contributes to project and service teams in the development, implementation and maintenance of standard architectural components
- Works with third party suppliers as required and contributes to the creation of local or functional design documents
- Works with third party suppliers to verify technical development and delivery are in alignment with the Architecture Roadmap, Blueprint and Information Services Strategy
- Documents all architecture analysis and design work
- Develops strong knowledge and expertise in at least one architecture domain
- Contributes to the development of the Architecture Capability within Operations and IGNITE, by documenting and sharing knowledge and standard methodologies with peer Architects
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent
- Proven skills and experience being the solution architect on projects and programmes
- Proven development/design experience in at least one technical domain
- Experience of developing innovative solutions, blueprints and standards for solution design
- Experience implementing and maintaining business solution architectures under any formal framework for their domain of architecture
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong networking skills with good internal/external links
- Well-developed communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication, facilitation and relationship management skills
- Evidence of shaping innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation
- Demonstrated initiative, strong customer orientation, and cross-cultural working
- Experience working in a global organization where partners and project team members are geographically dispersed
- Ability to travel to AstraZeneca’s global Operations sites
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- Masters degree
- Architecture certifications, e.g. TOGAF or BCS
- Strong knowledge and experience with logistics platforms and solutions including Transportation, Logistics Visibility, Global Trade, and Serialisation and Traceability, with SAP related experience preferred
- Knowledge of emerging trends and solutions related to Logistics Control Towers and Command Centres
- Awareness of other developments in the marketplace, with a Deliver domain focus, and their potential impact and opportunities to AZ
- Excellent business insight and strong knowledge of Deliver-related business processes
- SAP knowledge (S/4, TM, LBN, project44, GTS, ATTP, ICH and Movilizer)
- Demonstrated leadership skills interacting with senior leaders
- Experience in developing/maturing an architectural practice
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, IT trends and of competitor activity
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new groundbreaking technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to contribute in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Close Date: 22/4/2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.