Primary Care Account Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Primary Care Account Specialist – Cardiovascular
Bath, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire
Competitive salary & benefits
Closing date: 5th February 2023
Would you like a role where you can impact the treatment of Cardiovascular disease at a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
Our BioPharmaceuticals pipeline is growing. And it takes something special to get that out to patients, responding to their evolving needs, as well as those of healthcare professionals and partners.
We’re empowered to stay at the forefront – with the resources and support of a leading pharma, and the nimbleness and flexibility of a smaller business. It powers each of us to make a difference to patients. From providing end to end patient support, to harnessing technology. We get to transform the practice of medicine and deliver value to healthcare systems to improve the health and well-being of lives across the world. It’s an exciting time for our team as we redefine the future, working towards our vision to be the leader in Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism, Respiratory and Immunology by 2025.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint. As a growing pharmaceutical, our work here is interesting – building from scratch, working on a combination of products and modalities and securing a long-term future. It’s our patients that come first, every decision we make and action we take is centred around how we can better serve them. It’s why we are shaping patient care for the future, working along the whole experience to give hope to billions of lives across the world.
What you’ll do
As the Primary Care Account Specialist focused in the therapy areas of Cardiovascular, Renal and Diabetes, you will:
- Work as part of a cross functional team, responsible for selling AstraZeneca products to prescribers (or prescribing influencers) in GP practices, hospitals and retail pharmacy.
- Develop strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge within your specialist therapy area and employ a range of promotional tactics to successfully develop prescribing among the customers you work with.
- Contribute positively to the sales team and broader account team you work within, to build strong business plans and deliver effectively against them.
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to A level standard, preferably with a Business or Science degree
- Full driving licence.
- ABPI qualified (unless new to representative role)
- Sales or customer service experience
- Presenting with strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (both with customers and colleagues).
- Strong results focus.
- High emotional intelligence demonstrated through management of own attitude.
- Knowledge of the customer and therapy area within area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of basic Microsoft programmes.
- Success in pharmaceutical sales.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.