Agile Capability Lead
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, Luton, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
Agile Capability Lead
The role will act as Agile capability lead to the organization within the IGNITE Digital Services Lean-Agile Centre of Enablement.
The role will be a leadership role with all agile coaches reporting into it. The role will also have a leadership seat on the Digital Services LT alongside our Lean and UX Capability Leads!
Overall, you will be responsible for strategy to delivery of Enterprise Agility Maturity and Performance as aligned to our IT 2025 Strategy and beyond.
The role will be a key contributor towards our strategic themes of
Delivery Agility Product Agility Organizational Agility and Leadership Agility
The main duties can be summarized defining, managing, and delivering our main functions in partnership with the Lean Capability Lead
Supporting – defining, organizing, and delivering agile maturity roadmaps for each IT function and/or CoE and coordinating the mentor team to support execution based on priority and clear demand management
Guiding – pull, establish, document, communicate and align the organization against clear enterprise standard methodologies for agile
Learning – establish a clear agile curriculum in line with the strategy in collaboration with our L&D teams
Measure – establish an enterprise agility measurement capability to baseline and continuously improve our enterprise agile maturity and performance
- Mentor Leadership teams to develop strategic and annual Lean-Agile plans that deliver required uplift in Lean-Agile maturity and business value.
- Mentor Leadership teams to develop effective maturity and performance scorecards and Inspect and Adapt review process to drive execution. Jointly accountable for benefit delivery.
- A Lean-Agile encouragement to others, a champion for Lean-Agile (Business and Technology teams)
- Represent Agile as member of the Global Lean Governance Network (GLGN), working alongside Lean CoE (in partnership with the Digital Services Director of Lean Capability to develop and steer AZ Lean-Agile strategy to deliver company goals.
- Provide necessary mentor and deliver/arrange Lean-Agile training as the need arises to ensure colleagues build and maintain the required levels of Lean-Agile competence
- Own Agile strategic workforce plan ensuring that the necessary capacity, capability, and succession planning is in place for deployed Global, Regional and Functional Agile resources.
- Executive Process Owner (EPO) responsible for the strategic direction and development of Agile Process(s) to ensure the process continues to support business requirements and aligns to external best practice. (highly collaborative ownership shared with Lean Capability Lead)
- Co-Manage Lean-Agile Maturity Review (LAMR) peer and self-assessment to support Lean-Agile direction and prioritization.
- Exploit Internal and external benchmarking to advise quality of Lean-Agile approach and plans.
- Represent AZ externally, acting as a brand ambassador and for AZ as a great place to work.
- Accountable for the development/delivery of specific projects to improve the Lean-Agile system to support delivery of business goals
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Significant commercial experience in a similar role with proven expertise
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organization
- A proven track record of delivering results and leading a team of expert coaches
- A proven track record of change and transformation experience across a global, matrixed organization
- Recognized accreditations in either Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar
- High School Diploma
7+ years experience
SAFe 5+ accredited / Scrum Master / Scrum Product Owner
- Well-developed communication skills, leadership and influencing skills, applied in a global environment
- Aware of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and vice versa
- The ability to lead negotiations, expectations and solutions across sophisticated groups
- Strong networking and consultancy skills
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent (business technology or related degree)
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical or service-related environment
- Experience of working across a global team environment
- Enterprise Business Agility Strategist Accreditation
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering innovative methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.