Indication Lead, Breast Oncology MI & Scientific Communication
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA, Cambridge, UK, or Mississauga, CA
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Indication Lead, Breast Oncology Medical Information and Scientific Communication role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
About the Oncology Business Unit
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build an extraordinary career. Here we are always looking to learn more, welcoming the varied opportunities to expand our horizons or develop niche expertise. Embrace the unparalleled access to industry-leading research, technology and pipeline product launches with a footprint in every region. Coupled with our agility and sharp focus on talent development, there is an exciting opportunity to accelerate a rewarding and significant career!
What You'll Do
The Indication Lead is accountable for the Global and US Medical Information tumor indication(s) strategy and scientific content results. This role is responsible for the planning, prioritization, and execution of the Global and US Medical Information-related tumor indication(s) deliverables, including answering medical inquiries from healthcare professionals within the US, addressing complex medical inquiries issues from local markets, reviewing/providing scientific consult to promotional materials for the US, and development of scientific content to support Global and US Medical Affairs. This role is also accountable for the management of a team of AZ Medical Information Managers and Medical Information external resource partners (OSP/vendor).
- Accountable for leadership, training and direction of a tumor area indication(s) area team, including tumor area indication(s) strategy, routine management of team members, best practice sharing, planning and alignment of priorities.
- As a member of the Global Medical Team and US Core Medical Team, contributes to the development and implemention of the Medical Plan for the relevant indication(s).
- Participate as a strategic partner with the tumor area indication(s) Global and US Medical Affairs and Commercial colleagues to ensure identification of opportunities and drive appropriate integration of Medical Information staff.
- Monitor the medical environment and apply scientific expertise in Global and US MI/MA strategy and deliverables, integrated with regulatory and compliance knowledge.
- Provide analysis of MI trends and application of feedback to content deliverables and proactively provide MI insights back to the organization.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify creative and innovative ways for using scientific information to meet both business and customer needs.
Essential for the role:
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy (PharmD preferred), Pharmacology, science or equivalent clinical experience
- 3-5 years experience in pharmaceutical industry based drug information delivery or equivalent industry experience with at least 1-2 years of experience working with Commercial or Brand Teams
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication and management and review of promotional materials.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply Global and US, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements to Medical Affairs activities and drug information delivery
- Understanding of the information needs for various customer segments, including various markets
- Experience leading projects and teams
Desirable for the role:
- Global medical experience
- Oncology experience
- Clinical pharmacy experience with patient care exposure
- Managed Markets or Health Economics Outcomes Research related experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
#theplacetOBU #oncologycareers #lifeatAZ #Bravedisruptors
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.