Brand Manager - Breast Cancer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Brand Manager – Breast Cancer
Competitive salary, bonus & benefits
Do you have expertise in and passion for Brand Management? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company with the goal of successfully entering a new therapy area in Oncology? Then AstraZeneca might be the company for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
There are countless opportunities to develop and grow with AstraZeneca – working with top people to build a diverse career and learn what Commercial looks like at its best. A crucial step on the journey to being a future leader – it’s a fantastic opportunity if you’re up for the challenge.
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
What you’ll do
The Brand Manager will lead the development and implementation of the strategic and tactical plan for an Oncology Brand, and provide Marketing leadership and drive innovation for the Brand throughout its lifecycle
The successful jobholder will be directly accountable for the success of the Oncology Brand, and will deliver this by innovating and competing effectively in-market through cohesive global and local cross-functional working both internally and externally
The Brand Manager will lead & support strategic planning for patient access (Value story/propositions) and communicate accordingly for the nominated brand, working with key internal stakeholders from Payer Evidence, Medical, Account Management, Senior Management and other Therapeutic Area teams
Required qualifications & experience
- Degree level qualification in science / business
- Brand Manager experience in a specialised therapy area
- Experience of supporting / driving complex projects through successful partnerships – internal and external
- Excellent team and cross functional collaboration capability
- Excellent strategic thinking and operational execution capability
Desired qualifications & experience
- Product launch experience
- Oncology experience
- ABPI qualification
- Omnichannel experience
- Highly proactive, with excellent communication and organisational skills
Leading Brand Marketing:
- Understands and articulates the Oncology HCP’s and patient’s perspective from the moment of diagnosis and throughout their journey. Uses this and marketplace insight to understand key opportunities to deliver effective and competitive Strategic and Tactical Marketing plan(s)
- Ensures that strong external relationships with KEEs within Oncology are built and maintained
- Inspires the team to develop and utilise this patient understanding to challenge and innovate thereby ensuring that AZ truly delivers for these people
- Ensures local brand strategy is in line with Global sales and marketing strategy.
- Ensures operational plan and key tactics are in line with strategy and strategic imperatives
- Ensures the delivery of value propositions, materials and resources to support brand promotion and joint working through the Account-based model at both national and account level where appropriate
- Fully integrates innovative channel capabilities into the marketing mix
Shaping, developing & successfully implementing Strategic and Tactical Marketing plans:
- Works with the OML and promotional teams to help shape Brand direction ensuring the critical success factors for the country are supported
- Leads the creation of innovative and highly effective Strategic brand plans for the Brand
- Ensures that through a deep understanding of the patient journey, the Brand plan delivers essential short term growth and long term brand success
- Works with cross functional teams to develop clear country ‘value’ propositions for patients and individual Healthcare systems/Healthcare professionals. Ensures that these are sanctioned and aligned with the Global brand team strategy.
- Ensures engaging operational and tactical implementation of the Brand plan, analysing, anticipating and, where possible, shaping marketplace changes and identifying and maximizing new growth opportunities
- Implements a truly cross-function account planning and customer engagement strategy for the Brand and regularly seeks cross-functional feedback to ensure it is functioning effectively and explore new and innovative approaches
- In conjunction with procurement, sources and engages external agencies and suppliers to help enhance Brand performance. Leads regular performance review meetings to ensure optimal performance and value for money
- Oversees the budget management for the Brand
- Agrees and delivers upon Growth, Sales and Operational; metrics, measurements and targets for the Brand.
- Lead and support an effective cross functional (Xceed) working structure to deliver compelling value propositions for brand
- Lead and support the Xceed team to develop innovative, effective and efficient promotional and educational programs
- Ensures Account teams have necessary direction and resources to deliver compelling value propositions
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.