Logistics Coordinator - 12 Month Secondment/FTC
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
In Operations, we have a big ambition – to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out of the box thinking.
Here you can feel a strong connection to the patient. It’s what drives us every day. We are united behind one mission – finding the best solution to put our patients first. Play a critical role in making this happen, delivering our innovative medicines all the way until they reach our patients.
The Logistics Coordinator (LC) is Responsible for managing Supply to Customer through the end to end Supply Chain (often with delivery focussed through the EU Hubs). The nature of the work requires a high focus on cross-functional collaboration. In this role you will have accountability for day to day operational Service delivery across supply chain ensuring orders are delivered On Time and Stock Outs are avoided. Operational delivery is achieved through clear, effective and aligned operational plans, identifying and prioritising activities to accomplish both short- and mid-term goals. The planning horizon is typically Quarterly to Annual (1 year) and Service Delivery Review Cycle Weekly to Monthly.
Area of key focus:
The Logistics Coordinator has the operational responsibility for supply to Customers and has the authority to make operational decisions that ensure the timely supply of product whilst maximising efficiencies for the business. The LC works and communicates daily around; orders, delivery plans, forecasts, stock levels etc. to prioritise and make the right decisions, balancing both Service and Cost, while keeping the Customer in-mind.
Work is executed in a global, high paced e2e with strong focus on cross functional collaboration with other Key Internal Stakeholders. Given the high number of internal and external contacts required, the ability to be flexible and continually prioritise and assess where time is best spent (to operate optimally) is an essential role requirement.
What You’ll Do:
Service Delivery & Development: Deliver Orders and Stock levels to meet design (taking positive action to remediate issues). Deliver successful operations and project outcomes by engaging a range of internal and external customer stakeholder groups
Compliance: Ensure individually all aspects of the business operate within defined regulatory, legislative, contractual and corporate requirements. Ensure processes are carried out in accordance with AstraZeneca’s values, Good Distribution Practices, Public Health Codes, SHE, SOx, Code of conduct and group policies
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience in global enterprise resource planning systems (i.e. SAP, WMS & TMS)
- Supply Chain Planning: Demand Management, inventory management and Sales & Operational Planning experience
- Knowledge of Logistics Industry, government agencies and regulatory authorities and regulations associated with the international distribution of pharmaceutical products
- Lean Practitioner
- Experience of managing complexity and prioritising
- Track Record in demonstrating sound critical judgement
- Flexibility, resilience, excellent time management
- Strong interpersonal skills
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering, Management or other relevant field, or equivalent experience
- SAP & APO Super User standard
- Life Science Industry experience in GxP regulated environments
- Supply Chain accredited e.g. APICS CLTD
- Logistics accredited e.g. CILT
- Programme/Project Management accredited (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Experience of working with or for a Freight Forwarder, Logistics Service Provider or 3rd Party Logistics Provider
- Customer Service experience
- Analytical capability
- International experience
So, what’s next
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Competitive Salary & Benefits
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.