Enterprise Business Information Manager
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Enterprise Business Information Manager
Macclesfield - UK
Competitive salary & benefits
Closing Date: 20th March 2023
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – redefining our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining powerful science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, crafting new ways of working and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we’re driving cross-company change to redefine the entire industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role forms part of the Data & Information Governance team, within the Enterprise Data & AI which is part of AZ IT. As a Business Information Manager, reporting to the ILM (Information Lifecycle Management) Lead, you will drive TRUST in our data and information by establishing and handling enterprise wide ILM Global Standards, services, processes and controls for all AZ structured and unstructured company data & information ensuring consistency and alignment.
ESSENTIAL KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- You will assist the ILM (Information Lifecycle Management) Lead in the delivery of the ILM services and processes in line with Data & Information Governance (D&IG) strategy and framework to assist the business with compliance with data and information related rules, regulations and standards
- You'll be confident in crafting and implementing ILM principles, rules, standards, training and education
- Ensure there are adequate standards and assurance of processes for scheduling legally defensible retention and disposal of information and data to satisfy business needs and meet the expectations of internal and external partners
- Advise all staff on good information practices which support ILM so that business systems and processes are crafted to deliver good governance and quality of associated information and data and efficient benefits, with communications, mentorship and training resources tailored for defined audiences, including key data and information support roles
- Assist with evaluation of business risk and advise on mitigation options
- Work with ILM Lead to develop monitoring and assurance process including metrics and maturity model to help to identify and measure ILM non-compliance and risks in the business, make recommendations to fix
- Ensure that ILM monitoring, and assurance process supports AZ needs (Audit, Compliance, Legal, Cyber Security, Privacy and realisation of strategy). This work will include the development of various communication methods including face to face training, online mentorship and education, using the latest technology where appropriate, to deliver consistent and easy to understand messages regarding the purpose and methods for following the rules
- Ensure the impact of regulated and legal requirements on Company data and information are understood and suitably transposed into AstraZeneca internal requirements and communicated optimally, to mitigate risk of non-compliance whilst supporting business area strategic needs.
- Seek opportunities to automate/simplify ILM processes/services so that they are working efficiently across AZ
- Deliver ILM messages across the business through communication, training and documenting good practice
- Understand the business area processes, the associated data and information flows, existing ILM processes used across AZ, rules and standards to enable proactive support and guidance on enterprise information lifecycle management
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Degree or experience (science, maths, engineering or information management);
- Excellent level of knowledge and experience in information lifecycle management practices e.g., creation, filing, workflows, document management, retention, archiving
- A real passion for data/information and its importance in driving business performance
- An understanding of the purpose of rules, standards, policies, procedures and guidelines within a quality, compliance and regulated and legal environment
- Experience of leading change with innovative solutions
- A proven track record of delivering business value and awareness of the impact on service levels Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Experience delivering education and training
- Experience in working in a team to deliver projects to time and budget
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being an outstanding Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and spark your high-reaching spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and partnership, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA, FOLLOW ASTRAZENECA ON LINKEDIN
FOLLOW ASTRAZENECA ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW ASTRAZENECA ON INSTAGRAM
IF YOU HAVE SITE, COUNTRY OR DEPARTMENTAL SOCIAL MEDIA THEN FEEL FREE TO SWITCH ANY OF THE ABOVE LINKS.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.