Global Head of Medical Information & Communications, Oncology
Job Type: Full time
Do you have expertise in, and curiosity for leading Medical Information & Communications teams in Oncology? Do you have a passion or driving innovation in communicating scientific information with the external community to improve the lives of people living with cancer? Apply your experience to changing the way cancer is treated at AstraZeneca, a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines. Help to advance our incredible pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
A dedicated Oncology Business Unit (OBU), this is the place to build a best-in-class career. AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on ground breaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business.
We are seeking a Global Head of Medical Information & Communications, Oncology to join our team in the greater DC area (Gaithersburg, MD office). This position will report to the VP, Medical Excellence, OBU and will lead a large team focused on Global and US Medical Information & Communication services. The Global Head will drive scientific content deliverables for Medical teams, lead innovations to scale our digital channels, and reshape the delivery of medical information worldwide.
What You'll Do:
- Foster a positive customer experience that broadens the reach and impact of Medical Affairs as a trusted source of information for the external community
- Create and implement a model for worldwide delivery of Medical Information including expanding digital and self-service web-based medical information across markets, vendor harmonization, and unified modular content system
- Partner with medical, commercial, and R&D functions across business units to develop innovative practices for content development and delivery
- Ensure medical and scientific accuracy of all content through the US Promotional Materials Approval Process
- Deliver insights and analytics to shape tumor/product priorities and strategic business decisions
- Advanced degree in a Health Sciences field or similar (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry with at least 3 years in either Global or US Medical Affairs functions
- Comprehensive understanding of Medical Affairs deliverables in the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products
- Experience of successful influencing cross functionally, cross-culturally and cross-brands
- Experience leading multi-cultural, multi-location teams
- Proven track record of leading change at scale
- Post-graduate specialty training or clinical experience in the Oncology or Haematology therapeutic area
- Experience leading Medical Information teams and managing managers
- Drug Information residency or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in functions outside of Medical Affairs, e.g. marketing, commercial roles or financial roles
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours. Apply today.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.