Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Location: Macclesfield, UK
Competitive salary and benefits
Opening date: 15/03/2023
Closing date: 29/03/2023
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person!
Macclesfield is one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing an excellent environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s meaningful to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Energy Manager to lead the energy efficiency work for their site within Facilities Management, responsible for energy and carbon reduction targets.
- Management and control of all energy commodity and carbon budgets within the FM organisation, for their site (and potentially other sites where required).
- Management and coordination of all risk processes associated with the Utilities service provision and procurement processes for the effective management of the energy hedging policies.
- Reporting of energy and related emissions performance
- Act as system owner and 'management representative' for the sites ISO50001 Energy Management System.
- Jointly accountable for the ongoing robustness of the FM governance framework, including ownership and management of relevant (i.e. energy & carbon) elements of the FM Integrated Management System
- To act as cost centre manager for all Energy, Utility Commodity and Carbon budgets and ensure appropriate processes in place to co-ordinate these activities linking directly into the Business Reporting organisation
- To liaise with various business functions and demand teams to maintain and deliver an appropriate forward looking energy demand forecast.
- Management and co-ordination of all legal and internal reporting mechanisms, to ensure data is available to the business in respect of the Utilities and Energy service delivery including associated emissions
- Champion best practice across AZ and the supplier base, to ensure energy reduction is considered in all streams of work.
- Set business/department energy targets, in line with corporate targets.
- Monitor AZ external technical developments within the energy area and set strategic direction for major energy reduction initiatives, in collaboration with the environment group.
- Represent AZ in external professional conferences regarding energy work.
- Collaboration with external professional bodies such as Universities, authorities etc
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with identified AstraZeneca Policies, Procedures and Standards, to achieve the agreed scope, cost and targets.
- Auditing of key suppliers to ensure they have an active energy reduction program. Set energy reduction targets for IFM and other service providers and act as sponsor and steer for their programs.
- Complex Budget management experience
- Experience of operating within an formal Energy Management System
- Knowledge and application of risk management tools
- Application of Capital Investment Guidelines
- Experience in Statutory Environmental Reporting
- Experience in energy procurement
- Experience of key stakeholder management
- Knowledge of AZ project processes
- Experience implementing a formal Energy Management System
- Experience from LEAN methodology
- Experience from working with external professional bodies
- Experience from GMP production and processes
- Knowledge of energy distribution systems
- Knowledge of mechanical and monitoring systems
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
Interested? Come and join our journey!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.