Personal Assistant to VP - Global Finance Business Leader
Job Type: Full time
At AstraZeneca, every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skills. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
Do you have a passion for PA support at a senior level? Do you have proven experience as a Personal Assistant and the ability to work collaboratively?
Are you someone who loves taking on responsibility with a flexible approach?
As a key member of the S4 Administration Team, you will be using your excellent organisational skills to enable the S4 team to provide integration of this exciting new project to the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity for you to take on a challenging, proactive and varied role within S4.
Providing comprehensive PA support to the Head(s) of Finance in addition to providing general administrative support to their leadership team. Your focus will be on providing high quality and professional administration support across the departments. This role reports into Jean Stephens, PA to the SVP S4 programme.
The role involves extensive diary management, coordinating internal and external meetings, which can include members of the Senior Executive Team. You will also be responsible for processing expenses and invoices, handling travel, as well as organising and preparing material for key meetings, along with supporting global conference calls and virtual meetings. Where your workload allows you will also have the opportunity to support the team by taking on project based work that can be varying in nature, offer the chance to gain experience in new areas, and can help cultivate a strong connection with the broader team.
Being a confident individual, you will enjoy working with team members across all levels of our organisation, across different time zones and with people from many cultures, building networks and supporting colleagues.
Often working independently and in a fast-paced environment, you'll be competent responding to changes in customer and stakeholder demands with composure and have the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Proactive diary management for VP, Global Finance Business Leader and S4 Finance Leadership Team
- Extensive and proactive planning of travel arrangements, including flights, accommodation, airport transportation, car bookings, trains etc. (preparing travel packs / itineraries)
- Preparing agendas, presentation materials and other relevant documentation, as necessary
- Recording LT meeting actions and maintaining the actions log
- Collating and processing of expense claims within set group timelines and ensuring compliance with the expenses policy
- Organising internal/external meetings including room bookings and catering arrangements, coordinating global conference calls / video conference calls
- Supporting the organisation and set up of initiatives and events
- Supporting department new starter onboarding
- Working together with the S4 Administrative team to coordinate on S4-wide meetings and events, providing absence cover when required and building networks within S4/Finance/Operations to promote cross team collaboration.
- Proven experience of providing full PA/administrative at senior leadership level
- Confident and experienced using Microsoft Office and other web based systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, time management and organisational skills.
- Goals and solution oriented, demonstrating initiative and proactivity in the provision of support to the team.
- Ability to think beyond boundaries of own job, challenges status quo and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Excellent team working, networking and influencing skills and ability to engage relevant AstraZeneca staff and leaders in developing solution.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or parental leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.